Luray indoor Range

Anyone have the address or GPS Cor., for the Range?

It is just West of Piney Hill B&B which is at 1048 Piney Hill Rd.

For the turn in to the range I get:

Latitude - Longitude:
38.603874,-78.522259

It's the second coop from the road.

There's a hi-rez image on Google Earth that will make it make sense.

Bob, the steak house went south last time. It was bad. We better check it real close. Fiddler, I'm glad to hear that you are coming up. It'll be good to see you.
Jim

Does anyone know what the setup / starting time for the Sporter Class Shoot being held there Friday? Also what is the program Friday? Thanks. Gary

Gary: Normal start time is 0900 with registration nlt 0830. The venue is 3 sporter targets at yards on Friday then 3 gun on the weekend. Yards on Sat and Meters on Sunday. Piney Hill usually starts at 0800 on Sunday. bob

Bob, the steak house went south last time. It was bad. We better check it real close. Fiddler, I'm glad to hear that you are coming up. It'll be good to see you.
Jim

I tried Dan's at the last two day event for the first time. Nothing good to say about it. Maybe I picked the wrong night to go, but I have had better steak dinners at Waffle House.
JMO
George

When I was there last year, the guys who run the B&B across the road told us to skip Dan's as it had gone downhill. They suggested we drive a little distance to Front Royal and go to Joe's Steakhouse. We did and it was pretty decent. Not the best I've been to, but a long way from being the worst. Worth the drive. We also went to a nice little restaurant in Luray that had really good light fair called "Gathering Grounds". Check out Trip Advisor, usually helpful to us eating on the road. Trip Advisor recommends Triple Crown BBQ (I don't think it was open last year cause I would have gone to it.) Good eating and good shooting guys.

There are also some real nice eateries in Woodstock Va which is just up Rt. 81 a bit. We often stop there on our way back from SC visiting my in-laws. There's a Joe's there as well, a nice Cafe "Woodstock Cafe" on the main street,& the Spring House Tavern were all good.

Last edited:
George: I've never been a big fan of Dan's but it seems many of our shooters like(d) to go there. Unless you want a huge piece of beef there are far better spots to eat in the Luray area. The big problem is getting a good breakfast. If breakfast is being served at the range I recommend eating there. bob

There is a place in Stanley Va. called the Hawksbill dinner that my wife an I had breakfast at when we went to Bill Myers to pick up a rifle, and it was as good as it gets. They say there fried chicken is very good. It is 4mi. from the range at 1388 E. main st. Stanley Va. They open at 6:00am

As a Luray Native, I can help you out on the dinning choices...

Beware of the restaurants on or at the foot of the mountains. These places are hit and miss. Sometimes they are excellent and sometimes they are not. They survive off of the tourist traffic. You will often see a lot of cars, but beware. There are also a lot of small bakery's, deli's, coffee shops, and such around town. If you like those kind of things, give them a try, I personally did not list any of those.

Breakfast
Hawksbill Diner (1388 E Main St, Stanley, VA 22851)
Dinner/Home Cooking that cheap and quick. Limited Seating.

Uncle Bucks (42 E Main St, Luray, VA 22835)
Family Food/Bar - Decent meal and OK prices

Fairview Grocery Store (101 S Antioch Rd, Luray, VA 22835)
Country Store with very limited seating. Limited choices, but this is where the farmers eat every morning. They make fresh homemade donuts on Sat.

Best Western Intown BREAKFAST ONLY (410 W Main St, Luray, VA 22835)
Very popular with Golfers, but a decent breakfast on Main Street.

Lunch
Artisans Grill (2 E Main St, Luray, VA 22835)
Upscale Hamburger Grill - Hamburgers run around $6-8, but they have some fairly pricey items. 2012 they was rated best hamburger in Valley.

Hawksbill Diner (1388 E Main St, Stanley, VA 22851)
Dinner/Home Cooking that cheap and quick. Limited Seating.

Uncle Bucks (42 E Main St, Luray, VA 22835)
Family Food/Bar - Decent meal and OK prices

Main Street Deli (23 W Main St, Luray, VA 22835)
Small Deli, that does very good sandwiches. Great place to pickup a To-Go-Order.

Fairview Grocery Store (101 S Antioch Rd, Luray, VA 22835)
Country Store with very limited seating. Limited choices, but this is where the farmers eat every morning. They make fresh homemade donuts on Sat.

Dinner
Also see any of the LUNCH CHOICES

Lurays Southern Grill (1599 U.S. 340 Business Luray, VA 22835)
Seafood and Steak. Meals range from $8-25. Probably the best steak and seafood in town. Limited to evening hours only.

Johnny Appleseed Restaurants (162 W Old Cross Rd, New Market, VA 22844)
Home Style cooking, kinda like Cracker Barrel. Good Fried Chicken.

Joe's Steakhouse (708 S Royal Ave, Front Royal, VA 22630)
This is not my cup of tea, but meany people like it. There is also one in Woodstock.

Rancho Viejo (Main Street Luray, VA)
Nice Mexican Style food. Good service and fast. Try to the Fajita Nachos is you want a simple, but filling meal.

FWIW the fella that owns Uncle Bucks restaurant/bar leases the other building on our property. He never complains when we have a match and park him in or out. bob

Back