Looks like Remington

Doug Kennedy

Hemi Road Runner
Hit a home run with there new adjustable promark trigger! I just got done shooting a new 308 sps varmint with the promark adjustable trigger. Its twice as nice as the savage adjustable trigger;)

The Remington X Mark trigger group has been adjustable from it's introduction in 2006.
Removal of the clear nail polish on the 1/16" allen head adjustment screws has not been rocket science,the loctite lawyer proofing on the 3 screws just takes some intuition.

Remington Custom Shop rifles & Model Seven production rifles are shipped with the standard "connector" trigger group.

"Its twice as nice as the savage adjustable trigger"

Really, how did you determine that it is twice as nice?

Just yankin your chain a little, I am glad you liked it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Remington X Mark trigger group has been adjustable from it's introduction in 2006.
Removal of the clear nail polish on the 1/16" allen head adjustment screws has not been rocket science,the loctite lawyer proofing on the 3 screws just takes some intuition.

Remington Custom Shop rifles & Model Seven production rifles are shipped with the standard "connector" trigger group.

The new pro mark adjustable trigger,is adjustable from the outside like the old xr100. All it takes is a 1/16 allen wrench. You don't even have to remove the stock to adjust it.

"Its twice as nice as the savage adjustable trigger"

Really, how did you determine that it is twice as nice?

Just yankin your chain a little, I am glad you liked it.

LOL Dave, I was just trying to needle the Savage guys alittle:D
The part I like about the new trigger is. You can adjust it with just one set screw and a 1/16 allen wrench and you don't have to remove the stock it.
So easy that a caveman can do it:D

The new pro mark adjustable trigger,is adjustable from the outside like the old xr100. All it takes is a 1/16 allen wrench. You don't even have to remove the stock to adjust it.

I would sure like to see how you do that.

Tom

I would sure like to see how you do that.

Tom

Tom, On my new sps varmint, all I have to do is,turn the gun upside get a 1/16 allen wrench stick it on the trigger with the allen screw and turn it.
If you look at the trigger you can see the allen screw.

AKA
OEM Rem 40X Repeater adjustment on an X Mark.

I don't care for the sintered parts in the X Mark trigger group.

There is the old and new x-mark pro trigger...

The original post left out that Rem. changed the x-mark pro trigger about 6 months ago. The old x-mark pro had the two screws in front just like the Rem 700 triggers from the last 10 years. The New x-mark pro has an outside adjustable 1/16 allen wrench set screw that can be turned counter clockwise to reduce the pull weight. I easily adj. my new trigger a month ago down to around 1.75 to 2 pounds in a few minutes. I used to have to buy the springs from erniethegunsmith.com to fix my old Rem 700 triggers, and I was able to get them to around 2.0 to 2.5 pounds by using Ernie's changeout spring for $5.95 each. The new triggers do appear to be a great improvement over the old Rem 700 triggers. Thanks...the colonel.

I take back what I said in earlier post...

I did adjust one of the new x-mark pro triggers a month ago just fine. I have three other Rem 700 SA varmints that I tried adjusting today, and all three had so much dam locktite and epoxy over the 1/16 allen screw that my bondhaus allen wrench just ended up rounding out the allen head...and it did not move leaving me with a un-adj. trigger. I now have to call Rem., and see if using my own FFL will they let me send back just the trigger to swap them out. I did clean out the epoxy and such before trying to adjust, but it still did not work. I will post the results from Rem in a few days. I would much rather have the old style triggers that I could change out the springs. Rem goes from the j-lock bolt device to this new trigger...just to see if they can kill off sales of the Rem 700 line of rifles...hill that we show us they mean business.

The adjustment screws of the X Mark trigger group are Super Glued of sorts as were the sear adjustment screws on standard trigger groups in the J Lock(ISS) era.
Removing the clear polish & not heating the screws will result in screw heads stripping.

Remove the trigger group,disassemble completely & drill/tap/replace the adjustment screws.
Remington will charge you for a NEW trigger group.

Figured out part of the problem...

My kid had messed with my bondhaus allen wrench set and mixed in a China made wrench, and luckily for me it did not strip out the allen heads like I thought. I was able to get them loose by applying FP10 oil and slowing working them out. I change out the spring with a spring from erniethegunsmith.com and then put the adj. screw back in with alot less turns. It still will not go below 2.5 pounds, but I am okay with that. My x-mark pro are the old style that you cannot adj. without taking them out of the stock. Thanks.

Hit a home run with there new adjustable promark trigger! I just got done shooting a new 308 sps varmint with the promark adjustable trigger.

Its twice as nice as the savage adjustable trigger;)/QUOTE]

But only 1/10 as good as a Jewell
I just received a VS FSII with the "new and improved trigger". After making several adjustments, I took it out, and replaced it with a Jewell

Hello to all, I'm glad this was brought up I've been meaning to post about this but first I should introduce my self I am Leroy Johnson owner and operator of Johnson's Precision Gunsmithing I build very accurate rifles and started shooting long range bench rest last year with excellent results. My clientelle range from benchrest, tactical, f class to hunters of all sorts. I see hundreds of Remington rifles every year, when the new trigger first came out I was some what sceptical about the quality and adjustibility. After experimenting with this trigger and having them in service for some time I beleive this is the best factory trigger ever made. It is some what adjustable for the folks who need a trigger they can do themselves, but with a trigger job done by
dissassymbling the trigger and cleaning up the engagement surfaces and polishing the trigger hinge pin these triggers rival any after market trigger out there down to around a 1 pound pull. I have 2 of these experimental triggers down to 8 ounces on bench only varmint rifles and tested safe by bouncing the cocked rifle butt first on the floor a dozen times, pulling the trigger and releasing it with the safety engaged then dissengaging the safety to see if the firing pin falls.
I would not advocate this light of trigger as most people will walk around with a rifle while hunting and only clients very well known will get a trigger below 2 pounds of pull.
The point I'm trying to make is despite all the negitive comments on this trigger when it was introduced all you Gunsmiths can add income and provide your clients with an excellent trigger using thier original part.
I would be happy to provide more details to any Gunsmiths interested, I can be reached at 661-304-4165 or jpgrifles@yahoo.com.
Thank you all.
Leroy Johnson

Took Remington long enough to catch up :) Now if they'd just lose the plastic and rubber stocks :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mark

The Hogue is easily replaced. Wish they had a stainless bull barrel without the flutes. The only fat barrel is the chromoly VLS.

Hey Doug A cave man could not adjust the trigger

Cave man could not adjust the trigger on a Rem trigger for several reasons.
1 They didn't know what a Alan wrench was !
2 Didn't understand the principal of "Righty tighty lefty loosey"
3 There were no Alan wrenches
4 Even if there were Alan wrenches they couldn't buy one cause they was no such thing as a capitalist/market economic ideology .
5 Where abouts of T-Rex was heavy on their minds
6 Most suffered from bad hair days !
7 Preferred Hobie was dragging women by their hair.
8 Invention of gun powder was in distant future
9 Round wheels weren't in existence yet
10 If they did have hex screws ? Whose to say the non existent Alan wrench would be the right size.
11 There never were any cave men.
12 Didn't even have nails back then

Cave man could not adjust the trigger on a Rem trigger for several reasons.
1 They didn't know what a Alan wrench was !
2 Didn't understand the principal of "Righty tighty lefty loosey"
3 There were no Alan wrenches
4 Even if there were Alan wrenches they couldn't buy one cause they was no such thing as a capitalist/market economic ideology .
5 Where abouts of T-Rex was heavy on their minds
6 Most suffered from bad hair days !
7 Preferred Hobie was dragging women by their hair.
8 Invention of gun powder was in distant future
9 Round wheels weren't in existence yet
10 If they did have hex screws ? Whose to say the non existent Alan wrench would be the right size.
11 There never were any cave men.
12 Didn't even have nails back then

Good one Worker:D:D:D

The caveman is the reason for man eating chip monks:D

Back