Looking for an older 40X part...

C

chadflys

Would anyone happened to have a spare bolt stop for an older model 40X with the smooth bolt handle. I recently purchased a 40X and it didn't have the bolt stop. Also need a front trigger guard screw. Gun Part Inc, Brownells, Midway, Jack first parts all didn't have one. Remington had one but had to send to an FFL. The local gunshot here didn't want to deal with Remington???

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
With a little careful grinding a 700 bolt stop will work just fine. Midway carries them and also the frt tg screw for a 700.

Yea, I thought about doing that. I have one I ordered from Midway. If someone could photocopy it I'd have the exact shape I'd need. I tried e-parts which was.... Gun Parts Inc.

Chad

If you PM me your E-mail address, I can send you a pic and the bolt assbly exploded view. Can't get my P'bucket acct to 'copy & paste'. Isn't technology great!?

Try Out Back Gun Parts. I have bought a lot of 40X Rim fire and M52 parts from him. Great guy to deal with.

Wendell 812-945-0480

bolt stop

Sinclaires make an external bolts stop that riquires drilling and tapping receiver.
Larry

Chad, you said "older" but do you mean a 722 based 40X or a 700 based one? Wendell only has the 722 "old style" bolt stop and spring. If you can use the new style, you can have any FFL order from Remington, i think only $3.60ea, I just got five of them and Wendell has the new style springs (Rem was out of stock two weeks ago). Thanks, douglas

I think its the 722 based 40x. It has the smooth bolt handle. My FLL here said they didn't deal with remington??? I dont know why, but it makes me kinda not want to do business there any more. I'm trying to find another FLL that will do it. Remington had some three days ago.

Chad

Chad, look at the receiver, look at the bottom where the bolt stop goes, is there a little cut-out where the rear pin goes thru the bolt stop, a little square notch? And is there a little divit cut in the tang just to the rear of where the bolt handle goes? If the answer is yes to both questions, you have a 700. If there aren't these cut-outs, you have a 722. The bolts are interchangable, so you can't go by that, especially if they're US Property marked.

Remington does not have the old style 722 bolt stops, Wendell has them and Remington does not have the new style springs, but Wendell does. So either way you're going to end up talking to Wendell. You're FFL guy is a bozo, what kind of gunsmith doesn't do business with Remington? But anyway, any FFL can order the bolt stop right from Remington, they won't sell direct to customer because it's part of the fire control system.

Thanks, Douglas

Last edited by a moderator:
Wendell got me hooked up. Well see for sure when the parts get here.

Thanks,

Chad

Back