Looking for a rimfire rifle

Nitro

I want to buy a used Rimfire rifle and with my budget I'm looking at

FWB 2000 and 2600
Anschutz m/54 and maybe 1807, 1903, 1907

What do you think about this rifle for benchrest and I am a newbeginner about Rimfire.
I had shot a lot BR with airrifle but like to try rimfire also.

The beginning of the thread is a very nice Custom Benchrest Rifle that is for Sale.

Slick Willy seems to think it’s a good buy.

Yes, very nice rifle but my budget is around 500 euro but in worst case I could get my limit to 800 euro. For that money I can buy those rifle I asked about. Are they useful ore not and if which do you prefer and why?

Last edited:
54 for compatition

Hi Nitro, I shoot an Anschutz 54 model 1411 in club matches.
Most of the other shooters are using custom rifles in the two to three thousand dollar range
The best I can do is second or third place against them.
My anney likes Lapua Center X. I hope this helps.
Bob

Most of the other shooters are using custom rifles in the two to three thousand dollar range
Bob
Yes it confirm what other BR shooter told me. Look for a M/54, and I will. Thanks everybody for all tip.

Bob

I also use an Annie 54 model 1411 in club matches here in Australia. It cost me about $1000 Au including a 6-32x50 scope.

In the front rail under the stock I made a 75mm wide sled from delrin to fit my front rest.

Using Eley Tenex ammunition sometimes I win against the custom jobs, but then I learned from this forum how to make wind flags and how to read them. This led to a great improvement in my scores. Worth considering.

* doggie *

Hey Doggie, I did the same with mine except I used a seven inch length of three inch wide aluminum channel.
I tried the Eley but the gun didn't like it.
The Lapua shoots a lot better in the old iron.
I managed to get my anny for $800.00 US , and changed the trigger to a two stage match that I modified
for a nice light pull, it shoots real well wind permitting.

Bob

So I where listen to you and now I buy a Anschutz m/54 (550 euro). So now I have to wait around 3 months for the licens here in Sweden.
I will go to Plzen 2021 for World Championchip, see you there.

Thanks everybody

Hey Doggie, I did the same with mine except I used a seven inch length of three inch wide aluminum channel.
I tried the Eley but the gun didn't like it.
The Lapua shoots a lot better in the old iron.
I managed to get my anny for $800.00 US , and changed the trigger to a two stage match that I modified
for a nice light pull, it shoots real well wind permitting.

Bob

I suspect the rifle shoots "real well" wind or not!!

Neborus--look at a 40x Mueller. Couple guys have em at our shoots and like em well. I briefly looked thru one and it looked fione. Did not shoot a target w/ the Mueller. Mueller has a good reputation for customer service.

Just looked at website and they have a 40x56 w/ dot and side focus listed on sale for $269. If I didnt have 3 T36s Id be tempted.

Last edited:
Hey Langenc, yeah, when I say the Anny shoots real well, I’m smiling.
I shoot her with a Mueller 8-32 on top. The scope tracks and hold’s POA
with the best of them. I like it.

Bob

54 Anshutz

I’m shooting an Anshutz 1413. Trigger release is at 3 ounces. Scope is a Lupold VX3i 6-20 with fine duplex reticle. My shooting is at 50 yards using Center X. I typically shoot in the high 230’s into low 240’s out of 250. I’m consistently inconsistent so those numbers will vary to the down side. I practice with SK Standard Plus ammo. SK ammo knocks off about 12 points but is reasonably consistent. The SK and Lapua are interchangeable in my rifle as far as point of impact is concerned.

I cannot say enough about Anshutz rifles. I own a Model 64, in addition to the 54, and have shot several other models. They are great rifles, just a little expensive.

Back