Long Range Rings

rkittine

Hi,

I have a set of Kelbly 25 MOA rings set up on a scope so that I can change scopes easily when using one of my Bench Rest rifles with Borden Dove Tail 0 MOA bases to shoot out at 800/1,000 yards and than back to the scope on standard rings when shooting 200 yards or less.

Does anyone know of a similar ring set that would be available in 1" tube and for use on a Weaver Style rail? Want to do the same thing on a RF BR Rifle that I have to shoot 50 yards and then out to 200.

Kelbly's seem to only be available in 30mm and for Dove Tail bases.

Thanks, Bob

Hi,

I have a set of Kelbly 25 MOA rings set up on a scope so that I can change scopes easily when using one of my Bench Rest rifles with Borden Dove Tail 0 MOA bases to shoot out at 800/1,000 yards and than back to the scope on standard rings when shooting 200 yards or less.

Does anyone know of a similar ring set that would be available in 1" tube and for use on a Weaver Style rail? Want to do the same thing on a RF BR Rifle that I have to shoot 50 yards and then out to 200.

Kelbly's seem to only be available in 30mm and for Dove Tail bases.

Thanks, Bob

IMHO, I think it would be best, if available, to stay with the Kelbly/Davidson style ring/bases due to what you already know about...very good repeatability when removed and re-installed. IME, the Weaver and Picatinny ring/base combo just isn't as good in this regard. I just think it'll make life a tad easier this way but YMMV.

Unfortunately the Kelbly 25 MOA rings are not available in 1", only in 30mm. I do understand what you are saying about the Weaver style lock up compared to the Dove Tails. What I do not want to have to do is change the bases every time change the distances shot. Otherwise, I could move over to two sets of Dove Tail Bases, 0 MOA and 30 MOA and just use regular Dove Tail Rings on one scope. Might have to go that route.

Bob

Bob,
They do make inserts for 30mm rings to allow 1" scopes. That may be a solution for your problem.
Regards,

JDM
SW Arkansas

Hey Joe, Thanks. Do you happen to know who makes them? Where are you in SW Arkansas? I used to run a company that had one of its plants in Sheridan, Arkansas.

Bob

Bob,
I got my inserts from either Brownells or Midway. Not sure of the mfg. but they are similar to the Burris type
inserts. I'm outside Prescott, AR where I moved when I retired. After living all over the world I like the peace
and quiet on 80 acres in the middle of nowhere!!
Regards,

JDM
SW Arkansas

Back