Logan Lathe

S

swa

Well I finally got a lathe. (logan Model 1975 11X22 Born date 1968) I bought this lathe from a 83yr old man who bought it new and did small jobs with it for contract. It came with alot of tooling and he had the headstock rebuilt about 8 yrs ago and only ran the machine about 3 times since then. The machine is in great shape.It came with a self centering 3-jaw and a non self centering 4-jaw. Has L00 spindle, looking for self centering 4-jaw chuck with both aluminum and steel jaws. Also what is the nut called that atches the chuck to the headstock, mine is galled up a little on the spanner wrench slots. Also do you think I will need self centering 4-jaw or is the one that came with the lathe best? Basically I bought the lathe to learn on and do some personal gun work with. (BR, Hunting) It will give me something to do when I retire in 20yrs!!!! Any advice on where to buy tooling and parts is greatly appriciated. Also is there anybody in Phoenix, AZ that has experience with this lathe and willing to do some basic teaching on how to run this lathe? Im looking to move to Dallas, TX this year and wont set up the lathe intel I move their.

Thanks for everything..

Chris

Good luck finding a self-centering 4 jaw. they are rumored to exist, but I've never actually seen one.

S/C 4 jaw

Ive got a 6" cushman self centering 4 jaw with individual adjustadle jaws. Its a pretty slick little chuck doesnt get much use since I got a 6 jaw adjust tru

Back