LIVONIA CONSERVATION CLUB, INC. INDIANA STATE A.R.A. TOURNAMENT RESULTS 6-21-08

D

DWBROWN

Livonia Conservation Club, Inc. Indiana State A.r.a. Tournament Results 6-21-08

One Word Sums Up Yesterday's Tournament - Fantastic! We Had 35 Competitors, Three Relays, The Weather Was Sunny And Warm With A 5 To 10 Mile An Hour Wind At Times. Later In The Tournament The Wind Was Very Light. Out Of 35 Competitors, 26 Agged Over 2000. What A Battle Between Mark Meadows And Shannon Hollen. The Difference Between First And Second Place Was Only 20 Points Total Over Six Targets. Great Shooting Fellows.
Top Ten Finishers And Raw Aggs:
1. Mark Meadows 2265.8
2. Shannon Hollen 2262.5
3. Mike Sherrill 2254.1
4. Wallace Smallwood 2187.5
5. Tanner Hollen 2179.1
6. Keith Loven 2179.1
7. Alan Bates 2162.5
8. Kirk Gaston 2158.3
9. Tom Rippee 2145.8
10. Dave Petty 2135.0
Top Junior Shooters:
1. Tanner Hollen 2179.1
2. Thye Petty 2029.1
We Would Like To Thank Everyone Who Helped With Putting This Tournament On. To Have 35 Competitors, Shoot 3 Relays, The Tournament Ran Exceptionally Smooth. I Would Like To Personally Thank Foster, Shannon, Tanner, Carl, And Brandon For Helping Take Care Of The Scoring. You Have To Realize These Fellows Helped Score In Between Shooting The Tournament Which Was Quite A Job. My Thanks Goes Out To Randy Hopewell For Helping Pull Targets And Stanley Drake For Pulling Targets And Running The Matches. Thank You Bill Calfee For Donating The Prize To Our Tournament. Thanks Doug Brewer For Running The Grills. The Barbequed Brats, Tenderloin, And Burgers Were Excellent. If I Have Left Anyone Out I Apologize. The Last Couple Of Days Have Been Very Hectic.
Last But Not Least, We Would Like To Thank The Competitors That Came From All Over To Spend The Day And Shoot With Us. It Was Great To See And Shoot Against Many Old Friends, But It Was Also Great To Meet And Shoot Against The Many New Ones That Came And Shot With Us Yesterday. We Hope That Everyone Enjoyed Them Selves As Much As We Did. See You Next Month At Livonia. Sincerely, Doug Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
What a Tournament!!!!

First I'd like to thank Carl, Doug and all of the other helpers for going the extra mile in hosting the Indiana State Tournament. There is always a great turnout of fantastic shooters from all around the Midwest area. If you haven't made one of these @ the Livonia Club try to make a future one. It is a fantasic and beautiful range.

Now, to Mark and Shannon, that was a classic match for the ages going down to the very last shot to determine the winner. Both of you had to be very proud to be in a duel to the finish like that. I had a ball just watching the match develop between you two. I thought Shannon had Mark when he shot the back to back 2400's on targets 3 & 4 but Mark continued plugging away with his little 2300's & 2350's and was able to stay in the match. That was some fine shooting.

It was nice to see Beau jump out of the gate with a 2400 on the first card and set the tone for the match. He is also a force to be reckoned with this year.

What can you ever say about my very good friend Tanner Hollen other than he is an awesome shooter and a great person which I'm very proud to know. He always puts the pressure on all of us old guys. It is kind of nice the way he shows respect to Shannon and allows him to beat him every once in a while.

Congratulations to all of the other shooters for some mighty fine shooting. It was a great tournament.

Mike Sherrill

Back