Lg stock? HG Brake?

E

ewallace

how wide can a LG stock be for IBS 1000 yard comp?
can a brake be used in HG 1000 yard IBS?

Eric,
No limit on width for LG or HG. No brakes allowed in HG class in IBS, it is OK for NBRSA or Williamsport which includes Missoula, MT. You can also have a brake in AR 600 & 1000yd IBS class. I keep hoping HG brakes in IBS will get passed.

James

can a LG have a rail system on it as long as it is under 17 pound

Eric,
No, no mechanical rear rests in LG, ok in HG. Front and rear rests cannot be connected in LG or HG. NBRSA does allow mechanical rear rests in LG, don't know about Williamsport.

James

can a LG have a rail system on it as long as it is under 17 pound
ewallace

Eric,
No, no mechanical rear rests in LG, ok in HG. Front and rear rests cannot be connected in LG or HG. NBRSA does allow mechanical rear rests in LG, don't know about Williamsport.

James

James are you sure? Where does it say no rails for LG. I think it just says "no mechanical rear rest" for a LG.

Which means you can run rails on the front or rear of a LG, as IBS also has no rule on rear dimension also. I have seen a 3" wide rear with rails at IBS matches.

BH

Eric,
No limit on width for LG or HG. No brakes allowed in HG class in IBS, it is OK for NBRSA or Williamsport which includes Missoula, MT. You can also have a brake in AR 600 & 1000yd IBS class. I keep hoping HG brakes in IBS will get passed.

James

Not enough signers (need 25 for an agendat item) for the agenda item for HG brakes, so it died. it was quite funny listening to the whining about the possibility of shooting next to a HG with a brake but the same ones were shooting LGs with a brake and had no problem shooting next to a LG with one. Go figure that logic!

BH

James are you sure? Where does it say no rails for LG. I think it just says "no mechanical rear rest" for a LG.

Which means you can run rails on the front or rear of a LG, as IBS also has no rule on rear dimension also. I have seen a 3" wide rear with rails at IBS matches.

BH,
I understood Eric to be asking about a rail gun like is used in point blank unlimited class. There is no problem with attachments as long as the front and rear rests aren't connected and the rear rest isn't mechanical on a light gun. You also need a sand bag supporting both the front and rear of the rifle.

Not enough signers (need 25 for an agendat item) for the agenda item for HG brakes, so it died. it was quite funny listening to the whining about the possibility of shooting next to a HG with a brake but the same ones were shooting LGs with a brake and had no problem shooting next to a LG with one. Go figure that logic!

I am sure it will come up again though.
I want to shoot my .338/20mm in HG. :D

James

ewallace

BH

That was how I interpreted the IBS rules when I read them the other day so I can build a 6" rail for the front of my LG so I can use the same rest as my HG.
Eric

Sorry Eric,
I guess I completely misunderstood what you are asking. I interpreted "rail system" as a "rail gun" which normally refers to a 1 piece rest attached to the rifle. Stilll not completely sure what you mean by "rails".
But I think BountyHunter is on top of it.

James

Dave Tooley has an LG offset barrel channel stock with a 4 inch forend that he has been using and selling.

I am putting a 3" wide rail on a LG rear with a 3" offset front. Protector has made me a DR bag with a set of 3" ears that I will use for the rear. Not mechanical so it is legal.

We will see how it works if I can get time to shoot a match or two this year.

BH

Back