Leupold warranty work - is there an issue?

John Kielly

Shari's fan club
Occasionally it turns out that being an Aussie has a downside.

Back on 16 June, I returned my Leupold VXIII LRT via the local dealer with a tracking issue. One month later the dealer checked & said it still had 2 weeks to go to be worked on & today I'm still waiting to see the little bugger back.

Is this their usual turnaround standard? :mad:

An Aussie on another forum I believe sent one DIRECTLY to Leupold and had it back in three weeks. Going through the dealer might be the hold-up.

Tyler,

That used to be the best option, but with all the BS stateside about end user certification & scopes that can get into terrorist hands, most of us stay away from that option these days. As an indication, have a look at the Midway site. They refuse to post any sighting device outside the US except to a dealer.

Remember though that 5-6 weeks ago Leupold said they had it & that they would get to it in 2 weeks from then.

John

Last year I sent an OLD 12X M-8 to them and in about two weeks had it back, of course I'm only about 900 or so miles from them on the ground. I'd be willing to bet that the hangup is in shipping either way - or both ways.

Hope your scope's back to you soon.

My scope has gone MIA. I pick up a replacement this afternoon or tomorrow when it is delivered to the gun shop.

A fair outcome, but not the best one - I would rather have had my scope returned repaired than to have it replaced with one with different specifications. Now I'll have to prove the new one out quickly before the next match. :confused:

I'd be willing to bet that someone saw the box, the shipper, and figured that they might like a nice scope somewhere in transit. Unfortunate, but it happens sometimes. :mad:

.... next stage of the saga

I picked up my new scope today & fitted it to the rifle, screwed on the objective lens cap, then found that the thread on the eyepiece is different to my last scope (the one that went MIA). Maybe I'll just buy some flip ups or just use the Leupold lycra scope cover.

I can't really imagine why they might have changed the thread in 2-3 years (I bought the last one late in 06 or early 07 after a previous non-Leupold scope went belly up). I had hoped to fit one of Gene Davis's boosters but now I have no idea whether the thread he makes will fit or not.

How can I tell if it's the same as a Leupold Comp or not? :confused:

Back