Leupold 24X made in 1977

mrh1958

I am looking at an older Leupold 24X scope made in 1977 with fine crosshairs, gloss finish ,the glass looks good as well as the scope overall ,it has target turrets but they are not as tall as the newer ones ,not sure if this was a BR scope or some type of varmint scope ,I guess Leupold would still service this scope if it needed it? I can purchase it for 275.00 ,should I pass on it or would it be a decent scope for range use? I am just a hobby shooter,no competition here. Thanks.

I am looking at an older Leupold 24X scope made in 1977 with fine crosshairs, gloss finish ,the glass looks good as well as the scope overall ,it has target turrets but they are not as tall as the newer ones ,not sure if this was a BR scope or some type of varmint scope ,I guess Leupold would still service this scope if it needed it? I can purchase it for 275.00 ,should I pass on it or would it be a decent scope for range use? I am just a hobby shooter,no competition here. Thanks.

Go for it.

Great scope, and that is a good price, if it is in good to excellent condition.

The Leup 36X of that period are the same scope except for magnification, many are still in use, and go for $500.00+.

TKH

That’s a fair price for a Leupold 24X Target scope. The last one I had sold for $375.

I have owned three of them and they were all good scopes. These were the older model target scopes without an objective lens lock ring. Under favorable lighting and mirage conditions I could distinguish 6mm bullet holes in a target from 300 yards.

I damaged the main tube on one of them and talked to Leupold about repairing it. They said they no longer have parts available for that model. But they did offer to give me a good price on a new scope if I sent in my old damaged one, which I did.

Back