Lenzi bullet presses

Nader

There are plenty of them out there now being used by bullet makers that have previously used converted reloading presses from RCBS, Redding and Lee.
My question to you guys is does the premium press make a better bullet ?
Somebody out there must have tried to prove it by taking their best bullet(that they made in their Rockchucker press)in their rail gun on a good day and shot some test targets. Then take the same dies, punches, cores and jackets over to the new Lenzi press and make some bullets. Shoot them in your rail on a good day. Measure and compare targets. Has anybody done that ? Was there any significant difference in the way the bullets shot ?
I ask here because the guys I have talked to have said things like "It really woke my bullet up", "It's hard to screw up no matter who's pulling the handle", and "It's a really nice press". Nobody has said that it took my best .1800 agging bullet and turned it into a .1600 agging bullet, same jackets, cores, punches, etc.
I am reluctant to spend $5000 on three presses and have it make no difference at all.
Joel

Bullet press

Good question.

Seems that Stamoly too have a dedicaded bullet swaging press. I nice piece of equipment

Joel
I am not all that accomplished but have been at it a few years now and have used converted presses and Lenzi

I couldn’t say the Lenzi makes an .18 bullet into a .16 wish it did LOL

They are a nice smooth operating press

Joel
I am not all that accomplished but have been at it a few years now and have used converted presses and Lenzi

I couldn’t say the Lenzi makes an .18 bullet into a .16 wish it did LOL

They are a nice smooth operating press

Can I get me some of them .18 bullets???? mine all seem to be .25. :)

Back