Left The Range, Karl Kenyon

Lrobison

I thought that many of you might remember Karl Kenyon who was a legend and close personal friend to many of us. Karl Passed Last Friday (July 29th). He was to me a wonderful friend and neighbor. Services will be in Ely, Nv Aug 12th at 11am at the Ely LDS Stake Center. A great man and mentor who's legend will carry on for years. We will miss you Karl!

A legend in many ways,,,

Karl Kenton was a genius but he was a gentleman first -- one of the most responsive and humble guys those in the shooting sports ever knew. His legend is fully
justified. It was a privilege to know him.

I never met Karl Kenyon in person but I talked to him by phone a few times. I must say, he was a joy to talk to about rimfires and especially the 52 Winchester and it's trigger mechanism. He was the type of fellow that I would have loved to have had as a neighbor. I'm sure I would have bored him immensely with questions. Needless to say I was a big fan of his work. He was a wonderful person and will be rembered well by by those who knew him for a long time to come. May he rest in peace.

I first met Karl at a smallbore match in S. El Monte CA in 1958 and have been friends since. I have used his triggers all these years and he always did my barell work. Whenever I would have a bad match he would take the trigger off of my rifle, unscrew the side plate, blow in it and do something I couldn't see and tell me it was fixed. I know nothing was wrong, but it made me feel good. Wasn't ever a finer gentleman and competitor. The shooting fraternity will surly miss him.

Hink: Thank you for the story. I love it and will remember it forever. I knew Karl, and Zoe, only over he telephone. You are indeed blessed to be able to call Karl your friend.

I have a 37 Karl built, sleeved and stocked, and a few of his triggers. He was indeed the best daxx rim fire gunsmith to ever walk this earth. I know that because Karl told me so. bob

Back