Left the Range - Dave Shattuck

Al Hadfield

Penny and I send our sincere condolences to Dave's beloved wife Gail, his children, and his grandchildren. Dave was a big man with a big heart.

I was thinking back over the years and remembering all the good times we had shooting 50/50. I remember the first match I attended at Pinnacle Mtn. I just sat and watched. I decided right then that this game was for me. Over the following year I put together my first rig. I remember all the phone conversations Dave and I had as he guided me thru the process. A year after that visit, I shot my first match. Dave helped me so much in that match and all the matches that followed.

I remember going to my first Nationals with him. I remember the flat of "Ring-A- Dings" (or whatever they were) he brought along for snacks. What fun.

I remember the blurbs Dave wrote to go along with the match reports, always fun to read. Remember those match reports from Helen and Milt? They were printed on real paper and came by snail-mail!
These are just a few of the good memories.
After being IR50/50 Match Director at Pinnacle Mountain F&G in New Hampshire for 16 or 17 years Dave retired (more or less) from rim-fire and went to the Puff-gun game in which he competed for several years until poor health forced his retirement.
Thanks for being our friend. We are diminished.
Al

Attachments

• Dsve1.jpg
    Dsve1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Dave2.jpg
    Dave2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Dave3.jpg
    Dave3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Dave4.jpg
    Dave4.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Dave5.jpg
    Dave5.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Dave6.jpg
    Dave6.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 388
Sorry to hear this.. Dave was a mainstay on this forum and was always helpful to anyone who would ask for help.. Condolences to the family.. May he Rest In Peace...

We are diminished......

Dave Smith

Very sorry to read this. A great loss to all...

Dave was instrumental in the few changes to IR50/50 that were made when I ran it and I always considered his opinion carefully.

Wilbur

Our condolences to Dave's family. We always enjoyed going to Pinnacle Mountain. I remember one year in particular when Camillus hosted the NY state matches on Sat. and Pinnacle Mountain hosted the NH matches on Sun. Sixteen of the shooter from Sat. showed up on Sunday in NH, Dave and Al were two of those shooters. Yes , I do remember those old printed and mailed match reports.

It seems all too often that we get these left the range posts. Our thoughts and prayers are with Dave and his family and loved ones.

Ken & Cherie Henderson

Unfortunately my start into rfbr was when Dave's was winding down. I was able to attend a few matches with him & thoroughly enjoyed our conversations & his support.
My condolences to his family.
RIP Dave

Keith

Sad news

Dave & I met and became friends after we shot beside each other @ the Nationals in Richmond, VA back when IR 50-50 sold out with attendance over 100 shooters (120 in Richmond...160 in Charlotte. We've stayed in touch over the years. I knew his health was going down hill, but Gosh, so sad. Dave loved Rimfire Benchrest. Turns out his family had owned a compound on one side of Gorham pond for many years, in N.H., & my Son-in Law's father lived across the lake. We are truly diminished !!!!

Back