Lee Classic Turret Press for accuracy loading?

marchboom

I have numerous sizing and seating dies that I would like to have mounted on a press and they would not be removed once adjusted. I like the Redding T-7 press but not their high price. Buying additional turrets would makes this even more expensive. From all the reviews I've read this looks like the most accurate turret press.

I was looking at the Lee Classic Turret Press (cast iron). I would not use the auto advance feature. It would only be used to hold the adjusted dies and the turret moved manually to the desired die. Being cast iron I "think" it might be rigid enough.

My question to those with experience with this press is, would it be rigid enough? Does the press flex very much when sizing? The biggest caliber I load for would be .308 but mostly .223 and .22-250.

Thanks

I do not like the flexing in mine and only use if for the odd pistol cases that I load very little.

Bob

Last edited:
It will do fine. The turret feature is great. I have them set up for all major calibers(that I shoot). Change flavors in 5 min....
I have worn out a Turret press(broke a link). And wore out the ram on the Classic. But, I load a lot. Pistols and rifles...
For BR I have a Harrell's Combo press.

The turret definitely lifts but the lift is consistent-topping out at the same spot each time. It is very convenient to use how you stated and to add more turrets with more dies. I recently bought a Lee single stage to use only for the seater, leaving the mandrel and neck sizer on the turret press. I don't think the seating depth is any more consistent.

Back