Leather scope caps???

tiny68

I got Ratigan's book for xmas. Very good read for a rookie. I haven't been using scope caps when cleaning. Some times I remember to put a cloth over my scope. Most times I forget. I got one of the patch catchers from Sinclair this fall and it catches most of the mist from when the brush exits the muzzle.

Where can I buy a set of scope caps for my T36?

Tim

Rick Averill

I got Ratigan's book for xmas. Very good read for a rookie. I haven't been using scope caps when cleaning. Some times I remember to put a cloth over my scope. Most times I forget. I got one of the patch catchers from Sinclair this fall and it catches most of the mist from when the brush exits the muzzle.

Where can I buy a set of scope caps for my T36?

Tim

Rick Averill makes great lookin "braided" leather scope caps....

averill@wmis.net

Last edited:
thanks

I, for one, will be giving him a call .... thought I was going to have to wait til supershoot to run into him again ...

Call Rick, I have three of his an they are the best. Rick will answer all your questions so give him a call.

Jeff Aberegg

His Ph# 616-636-8412

He's a great guy. Like's guitar's too... I wish I had a picture of one of his scope caps. Really nice!!! :) If you look to the right and in front of his hand you'll see the scope caps. Picture taken at Harrison this past summer.

Mark

563855036_5Xhhz-M.jpg

Last edited:
This is Bob Eklund(pics taken at Oscoda)

683616753_pwE2U-M.jpg
I believe this is one of his scopes covers... The front is easy to see... and Hear is Paul.. I believe you can see the rear cover easly in this pic.
683617810_Q3fex-M.jpg

Tim ...

I haven't been using scope caps when cleaning. Some times I remember to put a cloth over my scope. Most times I forget. Where can I buy a set of scope caps for my T36? Tim

I use a Leupould neoprene stretchable cover like the one in the attachment to protect my lenses when I clean. It's easy to put on and take off. My T-36 covers are the metal screw on type that are a nuisance to use. Cabela's has the Leupold for $19.95 but it looks like a better buy here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/350350-REG/Leupold_53578__Scope_Cover.html. If interested in one of these, measure your scope length and order accordingly. They come in different sizes. Art :)

Attachments

• Scope Cover.jpg
    Scope Cover.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 353
scope caps

hart has one a lot cheaper and look great. they are green neopreame i have probably bought 10 sets from them.

good luck

bob

scope covers

last time i ordered i gathered they might be dropping them i hope not. my neighbor has some red ones but he says the guy dropped out of sight i like the colar much better.

it would help if hart would put them in their catalog.

bob

Back