Lapua Ammo comparison computer measured group size equiptment

C

Charles2442

On Sept 21 The equiptment for measuring & comparing ammo will be set up and in use during practice and after matches. Any one wishing to compare their ammo or testing against other brands will be given the opportunity to do so . It should be some fun and perhaps help in comparing ammo!

What kind of computer and software is this.
Is it exclusive to measuring rimfire rounds only?

Sorry it will be at the P.S.L. and the A.R.A Nationals at the St. Louis Benchrest Club in Warrenton Mo.

Vern I beleve it was intended for the rimfires but it could possibly used for other calabers but we will only be testing 22 rimfires during this demonstration.

The Testing will be conducted during the practice day (Thursday, Sept. 2nd) at the St. Louis Benchrest Club prior to the final PSL rimfire benchrest match. We'll set the targeting system up at 50 and allow any and all shooters to bring their rests and rifles to the bench to test rimfire ammunition. This system is set up to measure group sizes, not for shooting at PSL or ARA type targets. You can bring your own ammo or purchase Lapua from Charlie Scott for testing. There will be no charge for this service.

If there is demand, and we get permission from the Range, we'll set up the system following competition on Friday (after PSL match), and on Saturday (after ARA match) for those who can't make it on Thursday, Sept. 2nd.

Last edited:
I'm interested! Charlie, will you have mid-barrel tuners available at the Nats....esp. on Thursday? I plan to be there around 1 to 2 oclock and after unloading and everytthing else I want to try testing a second dampener for either of my rifles. If you will have them save one in my name I'll pay you cash on the spot.

John M. Carper

p.s. I'll try some lapua too for this group size thing. I have a few rounds in a partial box that shot well for a short testing session on Sat.

Been in Hospital with bad food poisning.. Just got out this afternoon still very weak. I won't attempt to shoot but will give it my best try to be there.I am planning on having a good supply of Mid-barrel dampners and ammo.

Back