Lambeth Reamer Micrometer

Bob Pastor

This post is for anyone who chambers or is thinking about chambering rifle barrels and doesn't know about The Lambeth Reamer Micrometer.

The last 5ths. of any chambering job can be a nightmare. If you go to far, then you have to move the shoulder back, recut your cone and try to feel for that magic number your attempting to hit. Some people will just say, "close enough" but you don't have to settle for that anymore.

For the price of a carbide reamer you can have one of the most valuable tools on the market for chambering. It comes with six (6) different length bodies, one (1) micrometer dial and one (1) locking ring. The micrometer dial is 40 threads per inch, just like a manual micrometer with laser etched hash marks dividing the dial into 25ths. or 1ths. per mark.

When you get down to the last 5ths. using whatever measuring technique you are comfortable with, you just dial in what you need and finish the reaming in one pass.

If you want to do a couple of chambers or 100 the same way, you just leave the reamer set up and ream until it stops against the locking collar. It's totally repeatable time after time.

Since it comes with six different length bodies, you can set up six different popular reamers and just purchase extra micrometer rings.

Finally someone has invented not just another widget but a better mousetrap.

Nate Lambeth is a fellow shooter and he can be contacted thru this site or Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool.

Attachments

• P4130008web.jpg
    P4130008web.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 662
Reply to Bob's Post

First, I would like to say I am glad Bob found using the Lambeth/kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop a benefit. I have not had a customer who has bought a Lambeth/Kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop say they regretted making the purchase. I would like to clarify some things Bob stated. The Lambeth/Kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop comes as a 8 piece set. Five bodies ranging in length from .750 thru 1.750 a Micrometer Dial and 2 collars one short (.375) and one long (.625). There have been post here on BRC and the 6mmBR web site in the past so I want dwell. For anyone who may be interested they can be seen and purchased through MidwayUSA and Pacific Tool and Gauge. If you have questions you can e-mail me a NLambeth@embarqmail.com
Nat Lambeth

Last edited:
It is a Terrific Help in Saving Time

First, I would like to say I am glad Bob found using the Lambeth/kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop a benefit. I have not had a customer who has bought a Lambeth/Kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop say they regretted making the purchase. I would like to clarify some things Bob stated. The Lambeth/Kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop comes as a 8 piece set. Five bodies ranging in length from .750 thru 1.750 a Micrometer Dial and 2 collars one short (.375) and one long (.625). There have been post here on BRC and the 6mmBR web site in the past so I want dwell. For anyone who may be interested they can be seen and purchased through MidwayUSA and Pacific Tool and Gauge.
Nat Lambeth

I had made a reamer stop that I used for a year, but my divisions were not in thosanths. This product is well worth the money and deadly accurate. If you have accurately measured the stub length of an existing barrel you can set the stop on the reamer in that barrel and copy it exactly by making the new barrels stub length the same. ----Bill

Hey Ben,

Only the best for you. Check your email.

Well, I was dickin around with a hose clamp and micrometer at my buddy's shop and we made some stop collars from aluminum, but It just left too much to luck it seems. So, I had been looking for a tool to make this process more efficient. I'm sure the experienced tight lipped smiths have a good system, but I did not. So, what to hell.

I also made a major score you'd be proud of, I bought an old but good milling machine a while back for $1000 and it came with a big army toolbox, FULL of end mills, taps, HSS lathe tools, many of them new in the plastic tubes. I could barely lift the box, Just estimating value of tooling at $5k or more.

Did not get an email yet.

Ben

Back