l v

can a light varmint be made from a shilen dga 1976 action.
gary

Yes.....I used to own a 1976 DGA LV 6PPC(originally .222 R HV when it left Shilen in summer of '76). Was in an old Adamowicz BR stock when I got it. I don't own it anymore. Fine shooting rifle.
Shilen action/Shilen barrel.....Shot my 1st "zero" with that rifle.
Have since moved on to Stolle Panda's. Shilen DGA and Panda's are very similar in that they offer large amounts of bedding area.
Good luck. Dan

Last edited:
dga

the dga action i own has a shilen thumbhole fiberglass stock on it.the stock came with the rifle.it weigths 2 lbs i also would like to use my 36 x leapold scope and kelby rings and bases.given this info can any one tell me how to figure out the barrel i would need?looking at the 6mm ppc case.
gary

the dga action i own has a shilen thumbhole fiberglass stock on it.the stock came with the rifle.it weigths 2 lbs i also would like to use my 36 x leapold scope and kelby rings and bases.given this info can any one tell me how to figure out the barrel i would need?looking at the 6mm ppc case.
gary

Bed the action, then weigh that entire assembly scope, rings, etc.. Then decide on a barrel. LV, Bruno Medium, etc. Then use the program at th beginning of this section to calculate the barrel length you need.

You will probably end up using about 20-21 inches depending on how much you want to cut off of the straight section (and 6-8 inches off the small end). Try to stay an ounce or two below the 10.5# maximum.

Back