Kimber custom match price check

JohnnyO

Could anybody tell me what a kimber model 82 custom match is worth. The gun was purchased in 1984 and is in new condition. My buddy threw away the box but has all the paperwork and the test target. They were supposed to make 500 rifles but only made 217. It also has a zeiss diatal-c 4x32T scope that goes with the gun. I'm not sure what the scopes worth either. Any ideas would be of help. Thanks!

Sorta depends on the wood.

I've seen some with outright exibition English walnut and others with just so so. I would say for one without the box, but like new, 1700 to 2200 depending on the wood. For the scope I would guess around 250.

Kimber custom match

We must be talking about two different guns. I have a original kimber brochure from the 80's that says all custom match guns will be stocked with AAA select French walnut. Thats what this gun has and not english.

Yeah its the same one I'm talking about.

I've got two of them. French/English/California/Circassian/Turkish/Italian/ are all the same walnut tree just grown in different areas. Kimber may have said all were AAA but one I had wasn't. I sold it. Another I still have in my possesion was actually sent back to Kimber by a previous owner with a complaint about the wood. They replaced it with a fabulous piece of exibition walnut. :eek: I'm hanging on to that rifle. Kimber may have called it French but they got the wood from California. Its a VERY accurate rifle. Much more so than a regular Kimber of Oregon 82. Has a match chamber that is quite tight. One other thing on those Kimbers is the idiots put a "thingy" in the muzzle to spin the barrel for polish. The "thingy" was suppoes to slip and not damage the rifleing but on almost all it didn't. If you'll look closely at any Kimber of Oregon 82 about 3/4 inch from the muzzle you'll see that the rifleing has be damaged. In some rifles I've seen a complete 1/4 " gap in the rifleings. But usually it looks like 6 little "pits" on each land. Amazing what some of these gun factorys can do to a rifle and still have the rifle shoot.

I've got two of them. French/English/California/Circassian/Turkish/Italian/ are all the same walnut tree just grown in different areas. Kimber may have said all were AAA but one I had wasn't. I sold it. Another I still have in my possesion was actually sent back to Kimber by a previous owner with a complaint about the wood. They replaced it with a fabulous piece of exibition walnut. :eek: I'm hanging on to that rifle. Kimber may have called it French but they got the wood from California. Its a VERY accurate rifle. Much more so than a regular Kimber of Oregon 82. Has a match chamber that is quite tight. One other thing on those Kimbers is the idiots put a "thingy" in the muzzle to spin the barrel for polish. The "thingy" was suppoes to slip and not damage the rifleing but on almost all it didn't. If you'll look closely at any Kimber of Oregon 82 about 3/4 inch from the muzzle you'll see that the rifleing has be damaged. In some rifles I've seen a complete 1/4 " gap in the rifleings. But usually it looks like 6 little "pits" on each land. Amazing what some of these gun factorys can do to a rifle and still have the rifle shoot.

Hi,
I am new to the forum. Very interesting post. If possible I would love to see a picture of your exhibition wood! Have a great day!

Regards, Tom

Back