kimber 82

MD5200

just curious i don't see munch info on the kimber gov't mod 82. are they competetive? if they are looks like a good deal for the money. any thoughts

Kimber 82 Government

I'm a newbie when it comes to "competitive", don't know much but i'm trying to learn. I have an 82 G that i shoot and really like. For stock i think it shoots pretty darn good. For me it's an excellent learning project

The trigger is adjustable. From what i read some will go into the very low oz's. I like a lite trigger but it was too lite for me so i went back up a few oz's. Nemohunter has a very nice sticky on rim fire central under Kimber -how to drill a new trigger pivot hole and get 2oz if yours won't adjust that low.

Another sticky in the same place to dissemble the bolt, very easy to do to. I just got a couple new firing pins so i can do the Bill tricks to. Reshaped one pin yesterday but didn't see any noticeable improvement, but i was shooing in about a 40 mph wind, lol. The firing pin is a 2 piece deal, weights about 550 grams, i weight it but forgot exactly.

I like it enough i don't want to alter any stock pieces, shoots too good for me, might be junk but i ain't never shot a real 22 rimfire bench gun.

I just ordered one from CMP for xperminting with, got some "rusty" ones in the back somewhere for $300- don't have it listed on their site. I talked to a lady and she told me they had 'em and put attention to her. I don't know what "rusty" means but i want the stock, receiver, trigger and bolt. I ordered a bbl wed from Lilja- lady there said the new 4 grove tight bore is hot right now. Damn 9 weeks before she said i would get it, first of April. That's ok ol' "Rusty" won't be here till end of March.

Mean while i just got a new China lathe and i gotta learn how to use it so i can chamber and thread my BBL when it gets here. It's is sorta pricey to build me a "budget" bench rimfire, lol. Yea all because i like my Kimber 82G!!

I didn't answer your question but this is where i am with my Kimber project, freekin jump in the water is fine!! joe :)

are they competive??? depends on whom you shoot with. for me NO but shoot with some of the best out there. mine is getting rebarreled. it shoots very good but not great. not like it needs to. every issue the 82 G has can be adressed. good stocks are availible. trigger can be fixed. easily scopeable. the only rub is parts are expensive and some times hard to find. i like it though it suits me as being something different.

this one is mine.
2008_0425thefirstpicx0004.jpg

this one is mudd turtles.
Ericsguns.jpg

mine is in an elkridge stock, his is a Stith.

Back