Kelbly Klub, which Edgewood?

Ackley Improved

Ok, so I have a rifle built on a Kelbly Klub.

I intend to buy a Edgewood rear bag, in particular the gater, with right twist?

The front rest is a farley.

Which ear height and spacing is best suited to this stock?

Cheers

I am unable to answer your question directly, but since no one seems to be posting I thought I'd pass on advice that was given to me.
I have my gun set up so that the stock rides on top of the base of the bag, not up on the ears. I have a bruno/mcmillan and I had bought my rear bag before I got the advice to make
sure the stock rides on the ears and not on the base of the bag. I am not sure how well this would work with cordura (which I have) as it doesn't have much memory. I have been contemplating trying a single stich bag which would allow my stock to "float" above the base of the bag on the ears, and monitoring my groups/score and see if there is a difference.
Ear height, it seems, is a very personal, matter. There are lots of different heights that are used and lead to wins, and I don't know that you'll find an answer to the "best" question.
Hope this helps.
Mike

I have a rifle built on a Kelbly Klub. I intend to buy a Edgewood rear bag, in particular the gator, with right twist? Which ear height and spacing is best suited to this stock?

I have a Kelby BR FB Stock with the 1/2" wide buttstock. The only difference is my overall length is just a little shorter than the Klub.

Go with the Edgewood standard Gatorbag 3 1/4" tall. Ear Height: Regular [2"] for improved tracking. Ear Spread: 3/8" [this accommodates the 1/2" wide buttstock on the Klub. It should be 1/8" narrower than the butt stock width so it doesn't ride on the stitching. Edgewood has done the math for you by offering the 3/8" spread. ]. Edgewood is a great bag. I have the Minigator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I have a rifle built on a Kelbly Klub.

I intend to buy a Edgewood rear bag, in particular the gater, with right twist?

The front rest is a farley.

Which ear height and spacing is best suited to this stock?

Cheers

personally, I would use bunny ears w/ a 3 stitch bottom. What has been described in another answer is rabbit ears w/ a 3 stitch bottom I greatly dislike tall ears, they get in my way. Other than that, we are in agreement

Back