Just Sharing a Tuesday Night Gem

pikedrop

For those that are living near Crump, Michigan (yes, there is really a place called Crump) there is a Tuesday night smallbore benchrest gathering at the Bay County Conservation & Gun Club located on Rogers Rd. just a couple of miles west of Crump. We shoot sporter rifle, benchrest rifle, and some kids come out and shoot 3-P too. It starts around 3:30 and goes till dark.

I just thought that I would share this with those that may be living nearby and don't know about the activity.

Attached are photos that I took this past Tuesday.

Matt

20170725_171422.jpg

20170725_171429.jpg

20170725_172601.jpg

20170725_172626.jpg

20170725_172800.jpg

20170725_172654.jpg

Matt,

Thanks. It's fun for the old guys to get together and shoot. It was a beautiful evening.

Bay County roads suck. Porsche suspensions aren't made for that s***.

Dick

Matt,

Thanks. It's fun for the old guys to get together and shoot. It was a beautiful evening.

Bay County roads suck. Porsche suspensions aren't made for that s***.

Dick

There are a few of us that haven't shot position or highpower for quite sometime. So, benchrest affords us the venue to keep shooting and having fun. Thanks to Dick for showing me the light about 7 years ago. He invited me and Don Krieg (who has passed last year) up to his place in Clare to show me what benchrest was all about. I am now having a blast shooting centerfire at Isabella and smallbore benchrest at Bay County. It is so good to go to a range in Tuesday evenings that feels like you are 'up north'!

Oh yea, the roads, or should I say the culverts. We had devastating rain in June and washed out a goodly portion of the culverts in Isabella, Midland, and Bay Counties. You have to weave around to find the best way.

Matt

Back