just feel fortunate to shoot

K

Kav

As someone who hasn't had the opportunity to pull the trigger on a BR gun in almost three years, I must say of all things I miss the company, the laughs, and just taking the day to go get trigger time. I don't remember the days I shot a screamer or placed in a match for that matter and I surely don't remember the off days. When your ready to chunk that rifle down range and sell every piece of BR equipment and call it quits or rip the last of your hair out (those of ya that still got some) just feel fortunate to hang out with like minded folks and enjoy the shootin'. I'd do anything these days to have a crappy gun slinging bullets down range, act like I really knew what caused that flyer, and listen to Pa Lambert and Jay Lynn Gore raz one another.

Thanks Kav

KAV

Thanks for your commitment to protecting America and its citizens. Your friends of the sport all look forward to welcoming you back to the fun. Hope you have a safe journey. Thanks again

Glenn Chism

+1 from all your buddies in H-Town.

TGCINSIGNIA.gif

Last edited:
I'm leaving in the morning for Kalif. for son Chad's Air Force retirement. If you get a chance maybe we could hook up. I will be on my cell.
Papaw Lambert

Thank You for your service Michael.

My son's home on leave from the Helmand/Sangin mess in one piece so we're more thankful than usual.

Thanks to you guys the rest of America gets to wallow in pig-ignorance of what's really out there.

Thank you for giving me opportunity to raise my family in peace.

God Be With You

al

Hey all... preciate' the thanks hope I wasn't sounding like a whiner.. just miss the good times. I am back frome trip number two and a bit burned out right now and they are talking about rolling me back next year...ughh. Still not as bad as some friends of mine who are on their fourth vacation.

Hey Al, tell your son to keep his eyes open and head down in Helmand... I went their with the Marines last summer. They flew us in at 0300, dropped us, and when we woke up they told us to build a base :) I just wanted a damn bunker. The Helmand is a great representation of what hell must look like? We got blown up one day and had to cook in the sun for 6+ hrs waiting on EOD to clear the remaining route... When we thought they were chunking mortars at us, for a half of a second I wanted one to just put me out of my misery.

Hopefully I get a year off. I am PCSing to San Diego so if anyone knows of either BR ranges or a place to shoot IDPA I would love the input. Hope all are well.

Kav

.............. I just wanted a damn bunker.
Kav

Bunker?

LOL!

He's with 3-7 Kilo, the marine unit that replaced the Brit NATO force and punched through to the Helmand River. They got dropped into a firefight and that set the tone for the whole tour. 59 days without a shower, sleeping in goat poop and sharing an MRE/day but they secured Sangin.

Only you guys on the inside know.

al

Back