John Loh Vs Fulgham rest

shoerjbh10

I am looking to buy new rest and was wondering
Has anyone used a John Loh and a Fulgham rest that could give me a comparison of the two for Rimfire and/or Centerfire Benchrest competition?
Thanks

railfly

the jon loh rest has to have two different tops for sporter and big gun unless you want to try and change bags between classes. the Fulgram does not it will adjust for both. Both rests are smooth and well worth the money.

Fulghum Rest

The Fulghum rest also requires two tops unless you order a Fudd top which
then needs not be changed.

Although I`m not familiar with the John Loh rest I would suspect that you could order a Fudd top for that one also.
Pete

They are both very nice rests. The Fulghum rest is very fast shot to shot.
I think you can't go wrong with either. Make sure you get the Loh with windage adjustment. They are sold with or without.
Steve

railfly

the jon loh rest has a unique thread pattern and is i" in diameter I used a fud on mine but had him adapt it for a one inch post had to buy another top so I could use the post on the fud. Did not like the set up went back to the loh tops.

I've never used a Jon Loh rest, but have been using a Fulgham with a Fudd top since 2000, and love it. In fact, if I wanted anything more I'd have to go with a one-piece, although I'm not sure that would better anything, and yes, I have shot off of one-piece rests before. That's how good the Fulgham's are!

Dave Shattuck

Fulghum rest

I would say the fulghum rest is the way to go.they are really good rest and ken stands behind them 100 %.Anything goes wrong with them he will fix it.I dropped mine two years ago and bent the handel why I was at a match,Ken fixed it that night and I was ready to shoot the next dayHe fixed it at no charge,you can't ask for better service than thatThe rest work really good,they are fast and smooth.They come standard in one color,but if you want a different color he will have it power coated the color you want.My last fulghum rest was purple and black.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I have owned both. Quality is equl. Try both before you buy if possible, The main difference is in the way the elevation is adjusted. Both work fine. One may "feel" better to you with your individual shooting style. On the Loh, I move from line to line with the pilot wheel and fine tune with the speed screw
Don

I just noticed that Sinclair International is selling the Loh rest.
Steve

Back