JB Weld Products

B

Bob Boldman

My question is to those of you who have used JB Weld products; what has been your experience with JB for bedding and which of their products was used?
Thanks in advance. Bob

My question is to those of you who have used JB Weld products; what has been your experience with JB for bedding and which of their products was used?
Thanks in advance. Bob

I have used HB Weld for bedding and gluing in probably 10 or so stocks. Works great!

The JB Industroweld is what I use.

JB Weld products do not print an expiration date on their products. According to them their products, if stored properly do not "expire" as do most epoxies. Why? Dunno!!

Rail bedding.

I use JB Weld for bedding picatinny rails to receivers for scope mounting. I put it on rear segment of the rail and coat the receiver side with release agent (shoe polish works great). Tighten the front screws and clean up squeeze out with 90% alcohol.

After setting, The rail mount is dead flat with no torque or stresses.

I've used JB Weld for filling voids and building up areas on fiberglass stocks and bedding scope bases to receivers. I've used some that was more than several years old( maybe 10+) on some farm repairs and it worked just fine.
Bobby

Expired Epoxy

The only reason that epoxy expires is because the makers can't control how it is stored. The date assumes the worst possible conditions. I used to buy aircraft certified epoxy by the drum and the supplier could extend the expiry date after inspecting the storage conditions. I was not using it for aircraft so the date did not matter to me. This supplier also had other certified products that were not big sellers and could not sell this stuff for a certified use after expiry and had to dispose of it which was costly, I was happy to help them out for no charge!

Back