Issues with Rimfire Accuracy Forum

SGS

Scott Roeder
For several weeks I have not been able to view posts in the Rimfire Accuracy Forum (at Rimfire Accuracy.com). Yesterday I attempted to email the webmaster address listed for the forum. I received an undeliverable message in response to my email and some peculiar spam. It looks to me as though the website has been hacked. Any one else have this experience?

I have

...noticed the same thing. They're aware of it. Has something to do with your browser they're thinking. I use IE usually but when I switch to Google Chrome I have no problems over there.
Keith

I enjoyed going there, as I do all of the RF forums to see who's winning and what's going on, but lately I just gave up on rimfireaccuracy. I hope they do get it back to normal.

No problem accessing RA with Mozilla Firefox browser here. Don't mess around with Internet Explorer. It's horrible. Download Mozilla, it's free, it's fast, it's easy, it works.

Empty your browser history and see if you still have that problem. Foxfire and IE work just fine for me.

We are working on getting it going. I have hired the forum software people to update and clean up the database. It should be back on IE soon. Until then any other browser seems to work.

Stiller you might consider looking closely at your Moderator List!
Also consider changing the Passwords for the Moderators & people with server access if that makes sense?
There is a good chance that some people or hackers have access that are causing the problems.
Just A Thought!!

Stiller you might consider looking closely at your Moderator List!
Also consider changing the Passwords for the Moderators & people with server access if that makes sense?
There is a good chance that some people or hackers have access that are causing the problems.
Just A Thought!!

already done. Changed all passwords, there is no moderators and only the few admins. I deleted all the FTP users and changed all sql passwords. Hopefully that will get it.

Alright, it seems to be back up. The experts found multiple malicious files and such. Lets hope all of that is behind us now so we can just use it and get something out of it.

Problem

For the past 10 days or so
I have had a problem when I try to get on Rimfire Accuracy using my Laptop
I just can not get logged in

When I use my I phone I have no problem at all getting logged in

I navigated around the forum a few minutes ago with IE and made a post.

I do believe everything is working again and RA is back in business.

Landy

any chance that the pm boxes of admins could be emptied or increased so that members could contact them ?

I and several other members still cannot access the classifieds but no one has even acknowledged the requests from us posting this in the clubhouse . pm boxes full . emails undeliverable .

thanx

any chance that the pm boxes of admins could be emptied or increased so that members could contact them ?

I and several other members still cannot access the classifieds but no one has even acknowledged the requests from us posting this in the clubhouse . pm boxes full . emails undeliverable .

thanx

Hi Woody,

Having been a moderator in the past on a couple of forums I can tell you it's a huge burden and it'll take a chunk out of your life if you try to do it to the best of your ability. And, in my case I didn't even have to deal with any of the technical issues that continually crop up on every forum in existence.

Those who accept this burden and have to sacrifice their time are truly some of the unsung heroes in the world of competitive shooting and the exchange of information!

From my perspective, I applaud all those individuals who have made this sacrifice and I give them a lot of leeway in eventually correcting problems.
You have legitimate concerns and I'm most definitely not chastising you, but I'm simply hoping this post helps others who might not be cognizant of the problems involved understand them better.

Respectfully,
Landy

Hey Landy , not a problem . yup i can appreciate what it takes to run a forum . especially this one under the circumstances . :(

wasn't trying to pile on top of everything . nothing's been said as far as I know , but assuming like others are that Jerry's running the forum now and since there's no way on that forum to contact anyone in charge ....

Hope that Jessie and family are OK .

my not being able to access the classifieds is pretty minor compared , but in repairing the forum if I and others could ...

cheers Woody

Hey Landy , not a problem . yup i can appreciate what it takes to run a forum . especially this one under the circumstances . :(

wasn't trying to pile on top of everything . nothing's been said as far as I know , but assuming like others are that Jerry's running the forum now and since there's no way on that forum to contact anyone in charge ....

Hope that Jessie and family are OK .

my not being able to access the classifieds is pretty minor compared , but in repairing the forum if I and others could ...

cheers Woody

Things take a little time to get through and I am going as fast as I can. There are changes coming to contacting us. It will get better, promise. My email has never been a secret, jlstiller@verizon.net.

Back