IPSC shooter to BR 50 in Salisbury Md.

J

Jody777

:) Well I'm a IPSC shooter, but I can't run, jump and shoot as fast as I could 20 years ago, so last year, I thought I'd try BR 50 at our club. Now for me 1 1/2" @ 50yds with a 45acp is great, now I need to shoot 25 shots and hit an area of a dime, with a rimfire? Well I bought a Marlin 17vs beded in a BR stock and shot a 244-3x, but somebody complained that a BR stock is not legal at our club. Factory action, barrel, and stock only, now I know. So I bought a factory stock for her, but my groups went from the 3s to 7s. Well I've been competing with a Annie 17lp, and a Annie Exemplar, both with 10" barrels ( I like pistols), and $110 scope. Now for me you adjust the parallax to stay i/s the 9 ring, and try to squeeze the trigger i/s the wobble as the crosshairs stay as close as possible to the 10 ring. I've been avg. mid 230s with a few Xs, not too bad. Yesterday one of our best shooters Bob Finger, ask if I wanted to try his 54 Annie and Weaver 24 scope, so I said sure. He set up his rest and gun combo, and gave me a box of Eley black box, and coached me, to my suprise the rest didn't wobble, and the crosshairs stayed on target when you moved your head huum. Bob said to shoot at the cardboard below the target, because it took a few warm up shots, then move up to the sighters. First 4 a 9 and 3 10s, then 5 in a tiny cloverleaf, all in the 10. I figure it can't get any better than this so I shot the next 25 for 250- 9Xs, my best ever, and when I got home the 5 shot group measured less than 1/4", another best. Thanks Bob for a great day. Jody

What Jody did not tell you was he beat me with my rifle, my bench gear and my bullets to boot. He beat me by 1 X!!!!!! I shot scope in the first relay and Jody shot about 2 hours later. Must have been the conditions, no? I should have given him my practice ammo.

Imagine that, his first match target with a decent rig and he shoots a 250-9x. (250-12X won scope class yesterday).

So, we have another one hooked and we can reel him in now. Welcome Jody.

Those of you who do not know, Jody is the resident chef at the club. He cooks a mean steak on the grill and can play the flat top like a violin. We eat very well at Salisbury. bob finger

"but somebody complained that a BR stock is not legal at our club" :confused: I do not believe anyone complained about it, our rules just state that the rifle has to be "factory". I do believe there was an "unlimited" class introduced for those whom wished to shoot a modified rifle, but due to lack of interest it has pretty well been droped. Now, if you wish to shoot your rifle with the benchrest stock, you may do so in the unlimited class.;) Just tell me thats the class you wish to shoot when you sign up for your relay.:D Either way good shootin' Jody.

Back