Iowa 1000 Yard Match 1 & 2 results

Gordy Gritters

We opened our 2010 season with a pretty wild match! We had fairly windy conditions, which is quite normal for Iowa, but the winds we did have were very switchy, tricky, and hard to read. So consequently we had a lot of DQ's - one relay had everyone in that relay DQ. Oh, well - learn and go on - there's always next month!!

Here are some of the results:

Match 1 Light Gun:
Relay winners: Group: Edward Nazy (8.980"), Jake Hesse (6.328"), and Joe Thielen (8.749") Score: Allan Carmichael (41), Dave Clark (45), and Brian Lukkar (45).
Overall LG Match winners were Joe Thielen for group with a 7.736", and Brian Lukkar for score with a 43.

Match 1 Heavy Gun:
Relay winners: Group: Sally Bauer (13.952"), Tod Soeby (8.340") and Randy Stephens (6.734"). Score: Joe Thielen (80), Donovan Moran (78) and Jim Bauer (91).
Overall HG Match winners were Randy Stephens for Group with 8.738" and Joe Thielen for Score with a 90. Note that Randy is Joe's father-in-law and I'll just bet he's shooting Hornady bullets (he'd better be, right Joe? :))

Match 1 Varmint Class:
DJ Thomas won Group with a 7.825" and Al Forbes won Score with a 43.

Match 2 Light Gun
Relay winners: Group: Allan Carmichael (6.080"), Joe Thielen (5.463"). Score: Jason Pearson (37) and Bob Pastor (43). The whole third relay DQ'ed so there were no winners in the 3'rd relay.
Overall match winners were Joe Thielen with 5.706" and Bob Pastor with a 35.

Match 2 Heavy Gun:
Relay winners: Group: Al Forbes (6.802"), Tod Soeby (8.585"), and Edward Nazy (7.324"). Score: Sally Bauer (90), Bob Pastor (80), and Jim Bauer (90).
Overall match winners were Edward Nazy won Group with a 9.207" and Jim Bauer won Score with a 70.

Match 2 Varmint Class: DJ Thomas won group with 9.143" and Jake Hesse won score with a 41.

All in all, I counted 36 DQ's for the day, which is more than I ever remember seeing at one of our matches. Gave everyone something to talk about, that's for sure!!! We're starting to wonder what the winds will be like at our new range later this summer - we'll be shooting north and it won't be as open, so hopefully it will be easier to read the wind and conditions there - time will tell! :)

See you all next match!

Gordy Gritters
www.iowa1000ydbenchrest.com

Back