IOWA 1000 Yard Club & 2009 Nationals

Gordy Gritters

We have our last match of the 2008 season this week Saturday, Sept 27. Remember we will run a full two match schedule (including full match points) to make up for the 2 matches flooded out by over 10 feet of water on our range in June.

We will also be giving out all the years awards and plenty of prizes for our year-end finale.

Earlier this year we were sort of wondering about the future of our existing range since the landowner had passed away, but we've got things ironed out with his family so things will continue as before.

So now we'll immediately start to prepare for the 2009 season, and we'll also be preparing to host the 2009 IBS 1000 yard Nationals at our club also.

So we'll have the range open from noon to dark on Friday for practice, and the matches will run all day Saturday. We will also be having our usual cookout at the range Friday evening for supper. See you all there!

Gordy Gritters and the Iowa staff

sink or swim

hey gordy,

will we need to bring the john boat?

Roadtrip!

Cool to be going back to Iowa. Think you fellas will go 3 target agg?

Brick on the skinny pedal and bungies on the steering wheel! Just line up some cheap diesel there in Pella!

Rob

No john boats - just lots of targets and lots of fun!!:)

Seriously, we are considering going to a four target agg for the 2009 IBS 1000 Yard Nationals. This will make for more shooting and even out the effects of getting stuck in a "bad" relay - the wind has been known to blow in Iowa, you know!! We also think a lot of shooters would like to do more shooting at the Nationals!!!!

We will probably have to go to a three day event instead of the traditional two days, but knowing from a lot of experience (many years of VHA Jamborees which are longer than this) this will be more of a plus than not for most folks.

Lee is looking into what it will take to modify the computer programming for record keeping/scoring to make this work.

We are also talking about maybe doing something special on one of the evenings like we do at the VHA Jamboree - like a seminar or speaker for those interested and maybe something at the same time for the wives and women to do separately.

Let us know what you think of all this so we can soon make a decision and start planning for the next year's Nationals.

Gordy

Yes yes yes...

Gordy,

Four targets per class will just add more class to the event. I know that there will be a few who say that they don't have enough brass, but that excuse does not wash any more with most of the clubs shooting two matches per day now.

As far as the three days to shoot the event, some will say that they don't want to take off that much time from work. The group shooters shoot their Nat'ls and the Super Shoot starting on Monday and finish up on Saturday. And how many targets per class and yardage do they shoot?

My vote is four targets, if not more.

Danny

Number of Targets

If 2 is OK and 3 is good, then 4 is great and more is mo better? Do 4 targets in 3 days means we ought to be able to clear out fairly early on the last day and be making tracks for the house. Way to easy to portable mount a press and pre measure powder out to say lack of brass is a viable excuse. Just serve up some good cookin and fat boys like me will be happy as a pig in mud Gordy! BTW...just an idea here, but how about an honest to goodness hog roast! Prefer a pig in the ground, but if you gotta get a portable roaster then that's OK too! :D

Take care
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gordy,

If you go to a 4 target agg, I will be there as long as it does not conflict with the 600yd Nationals. Let us know as soon as possible as to the dates and hotels so we can put in for vacation day's.

Leave it to Rob to bring things into focus.

Food and fun.

Oh BTW 4 targets- 3 days great idea

This will be a fun trip. We'll have time for some inter-regional socialization. I'll put the cooler on the front of truck. I'd hate to run out of refreshments.

Dave

Dave

I'll put the cooler on the front of truck. I'd hate to run out of refreshments.

You mean it comes off?

We all thought that was Tooley mandated factory install!

Why did you get the little one anyway?

BH

I think he should just remove the FORD emblem from his grille and install it on the cooler,that would be cool!:)

Eh

Fletcher's stuff or more beverages? Sorry Rev, but there are priorities ya know! Oh well there are plenty of ethanol plants in Iowa should the NC imports run out! :D

Rob

All this proves is we like a good party and while we're there we might as well shoot some. Should be fun next year with more leisure time on out hands. That's what I like about the NBRSA Nationals in Byers, sure missed going this year.

Dave

Here's hoping so

Aint that the truth Dave....nothing more fun then going out shooting. All this talk of hog roasts though has got me itchin to maybe get one going yet this fall! Going to make that Byers trips one of these years too. Just wasnt in the cards this year.

Rob

Gordy,

With the price of fuel, and the lack of work, I was on the fence as to whether or not to go to the Nationals all the way out there next year...you make it a 4 target agg and I will be there no matter what !!!

-----------------------Jeff

Back