Info need on a Grunig & Elmiger rifle.

U

USMC - Retired

I have a Grunig & Elmiger, bolt action, target rifle that needs a replacement bolt assembly (lost in shipping). The cal is 7.62 x 51 (.308) and the serial number is 74XXX. The caliber is marked on the barrel and the serial number is marked on the right side of the receiver. The only other marking on the receiver is the Grunig & Elmiger name. The barrel is an Anshutz. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement bolt assy? I am hoping to eventually sell the rifle but don't think I could get it's true value without a bolt.

The only place I know that might be able to help is :
http://nealjguns.com/ Neil Johnson in Colo. I believe.

Perhaps there are others but at one time they carried that brand.

Thanks Gibbs!

Next question. Looks like it would be in excess of $500 to get a bolt and have it properly headspaced. Anyone have any idea of fair market value for this rifle so I can decide if it's worth the investment. I'm beginning to think it may be better just to sell it as a parts rifle.

Thanks Gibbs!

Next question. Looks like it would be in excess of $500 to get a bolt and have it properly headspaced. Anyone have any idea of fair market value for this rifle so I can decide if it's worth the investment. I'm beginning to think it may be better just to sell it as a parts rifle.

Go back to the Neil Johnson web site since I believe they previously listed the cost of the rifles they offered. If the same model is still available guesstimate roughly 60-65% of that price - IMO. I know those German beauties weren't cheap.
Its worthless essentially w/o the bolt.

Go back to the Neil Johnson web site since I believe they previously listed the cost of the rifles they offered. If the same model is still available guesstimate roughly 60-65% of that price - IMO. I know those German beauties weren't cheap.
Its worthless essentially w/o the bolt.

Actually they are Swiss made.

I don't think it would be worthless without the bolt. Surely the sights and Anchutz barrel would have some value.

I'll just take my time and find the best way to handle it. Perhaps I could find a good smith that could make a bolt for it...

My error on the German mnfg. - I knew they weren't produced anywhere but Europe.
Good luck on the bolt issue.

Hi also need a Grunig & Elmer bolt

Hi any one got a Grunig & Elmer bolt for sale , 308 win.

bolts

Please note that there are different models all made by Grunig & Elmiger so you should get the right one.Grunig & Elmiger manufactures their barrels
so if it is marked anschuetz I would think it was replacement and not factory original.The new model has three lugs asymmetrical,mine (super target 200) has three symmetrical lugs.The older one had two lugs.
Filippo

Actually they are Swiss made.

I don't think it would be worthless without the bolt. Surely the sights and Anchutz barrel would have some value.

I'll just take my time and find the best way to handle it. Perhaps I could find a good smith that could make a bolt for it...

Sorry, having one made would convince you to give away the rifle almost. That is not a feasible route.

Back