InBev Buying Ahheuser-Busch

So what are we going to drink now Brad??

A super ice cold original Bud is tough to beat after a hot day of dove hunting down here!!

pf

I don't know Paul. If they keep things the way they are and don't let American workers who are presently working there, go, I guess I'll have to support the US workers. I still don't want to though. But what other choices do we have besides Coors? I think they are still American brewed.

Does this mean it is wrong for American companies to invest over the world or are we exempt from these attitudes because we are Americans?

I don't know Paul. If they keep things the way they are and don't let American workers who are presently working there, go, I guess I'll have to support the US workers. I still don't want to though. But what other choices do we have besides Coors? I think they are still American brewed.

Coors is still brewed in America, but not wholly American owned. in 2005 Coors was merged with Molson creating The Montreal based MolsonCoors company. As of July 1st of this year another merger was completed with SABMiller Brewing to form MillerCoors brewing. SABMiller was created in 2003 when South African Brewers Plc. took over Miller.

Anheuser-Bush is the last US-owned beer giant. If this sale goes through as expected, then every time we purchase a Budweiser, Miller, or Coors beer we will be sending money to another country. And yes, "Mr. D.", that is a bad thing.........

Anheuser-Bush is the last US-owned beer giant. If this sale goes through as expected, then every time we purchase a Budweiser, Miller, or Coors beer we will be sending money to another country.
Look on the bright side. It will be way less than it would have been last year. :D

A spokesman for InBEv has already said that they plan to cut 1.5 billion in spending for next year. Now that statement right there and I believe my numbers are correct, means wage cuts and costs effective savings all across the board. I'll almost guarantee you that very few people that are making a lot of money per hour will stay the same. I also heard that they plan on hopefully getting some people to retire early. We will see how things go. But I imagine a lot of folks will be making a lot less money working for InBev.

Cross investment around the world is likely one of the biggest elements to reduce war. Who wants to bomb a factory with your savings invested in it!

Gentlemen, you need to get used to the idea of foreign ownership of US companies. Our trade imbalance continues to bring in foreign made products and ship out US dollars. This has the effect of giving money to other countries. Those countries want to do something with their profits, so why not buy good companies?

If you were to examine ownership of US bonds you would find heavy foreign ownership levels.

Yes, it is true, the USA is mostly owned by those who do not claim to be American.

Achmed doesn't like beer.

Bomb away.

As for beer... Guys... It's so EASY.

Shiner Bock.

There. That's everything you need to know.

Yingling.....

was a choice of my beer buddies a year ago. I wonder where it is brewed ? there were a few cases around after the NBRSA nationals :cool: Never enough, though.

"Snuffy"

What about Yuengling? It is american made and the oldest family owned brewery in the us, so they say.

Yuengling Beer

Snuffy,
Yuengling beer is made in Pottsville, PA.

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going, and why am I in this basket?"

Back