IBS Texas State Championship.

J

J Conley

N.T.S.A (Denton) will hold Texas’s first ever registered IBS shoot on October 10th & 11th.
We at Denton are very excited to host this match and believe it will open the door to shooters that otherwise would not compete.
We will start the weekend off shooting score. The format will consist of 100 & 200yd (VFS), (H), (VH) & a Factory class. The Factory class is not officially recognized by the IBS so we will not get too hung up on what qualifies. If it has a factory barrel on it you can shoot it.
All classes will shoot together and be recognized separately.

Sunday will bring in the group portion of the shoot. The format will be100 & 200yd HV. The thinking behind a Heavy Varmint class is it will allow everyone to shoot with no one being turned away due to an ineligible gun.
A point system will be used based on the number of people you finish ahead of after each match. The person with the most points will be the Texas State Champion.

I‘ve been in contact with many Benchrest venders /shooters and it looks like we should have quite a few door prizes, awards and giveaways. Once it’s closer to completion I will post a list to give everyone an idea of what to expect for the giveaways.

The Shilen’s will be supporting this event with a cookout on Saturday night. This dinner will be held in our club house and it should be a good time had by all.

We will draw for benches at 9:00 and shoot at 10:00.
The fee will be $50.00 a day with a free practice day on Friday.

I hope to see everyone soon.. Jon Conley

Motels

Jon, Thank you for the update on this match. Sounds like a great upcoming event.

Do you have a list of hotels / motels in the area of the Range?

Thanks,

Joe

Blown away with the kindness!

The Shilen’s will be supporting this event with a cookout on Saturday night. This dinner will be held in our club house and it should be a good time had by all.

Mr. Hull is a good man and I will in return get a new .224 barrel from him..!
:) Good'n on Shilen! Great supporters!.. Very much appreciated!:)

We will draw for benches at 9:00 and shoot at 10:00.
The fee will be $50.00 a day with a free practice day on Friday.

Jon, I'll do my darndest to be there Friday afternoon!

I hope to see everyone soon.. Jon Conley

Jon, I have spoken with Ralph.... I am truly speachless for the wonderful gift of the NTSA shooters whom want to help me with my loss..... I am forever indebted to ALL you guy's and want to return the favor to each and every one...!

Can't wait to shoot with you guys and thank you all IN PERSON..!
My faith in humanity has been restored even if a low life is "floating" among us....:mad::(

The kindness I have been shown truly makes my heart swell..! Just an awesome bunch of guys!
See all at the IBS..!
Cale

Cale,
We at Denton value the support you have given our club and consider you a friend and great competitor. It’s the people like you that make Denton the type of place it is..

IF nothing else comes up I will try to be there by Friday at 13:00.
What time does the range open on Friday?

I will bring an Extra 1 K of Small and Large Rifle primers so "no primers" won't be a good excuse not to show up.

Also I will have some extra BIB 25 Caliber bullets for those who are in the know but don't have any good bullets.

Are the out of towners staying anyplace special?

Ted
PS since some of the guys from OK are coming and this isn't that far from the Texas fair grounds we could call this the Red River Show Down (of BenchRest not football).

Denton Shoot (CLUB and IBS)

Cale - if you don't have all your stuff yet, come to the match(s) anyways. We have plenty of "STUFF" to set you up to shoot. I can even hook you up with an extra 30! Might get another convert......
mks

The Denton 2009 Schedule

2009 Registered Matches

*April 4th & 5th NBRSA- Texas Showdown 4 Gun 200, 5 shot UNL.

*August 15th & 16th NBRSA- Hotter’N Hell Gulf Coast Region LV-SP, 100-200

*October 10th & 11th IBS- Denton IBS Texas State Championship Sat. 100-200 Score, Sun 100-200 HV Group
$ 50/day entry fee. Saturday match will start at 10am, Sunday 9am

2009 Club Matches

March 8th 100 yd --club
May 10th 200 yd ---club
June 7th 100 yd ---club
July 13th 200 yd --club
Aug 9th 100 yd -- club
Sept 13th 200 yd -- club
Nov 8th -- club

Most any bolt action gun allowed. $25.00 entry fee. Bench Drawing at 9am, shoot at 10am.
There will be a prize for the yearly points champion (Shooter of the Year).
The Shooter of the year will earn the most points from 5 of the 7 club matches with the 2 lowest scoring matches thrown out. Points to be given as follows- 1 point for each shooter you beat plus 2 points for each match you attend.

The best!

Cale - if you don't have all your stuff yet, come to the match(s) anyways. We have plenty of "STUFF" to set you up to shoot. I can even hook you up with an extra 30! Might get another convert......
mks

Howdy Mike,

Simply all I can say is THANK YOU Mike for your helping me !!! This kindness will be returned I assure you, yes INDEEDY!;):)

My good shoot'n buddy John Dumas is gonna make the IBS and we can share his Farley on a bench rotation.

Getting the Krieger 30BR out of it's tube and put on my Heavy. Me and John are going to do some practicing this Sunday...

I'm gonna try hard to free up next Sunday to shoot the club 200 yd shoot!
Really want to thank you guy's in person... :)

In great appreciation,
Cale

Hmmmm! I kind of like that Red River showdown deal. Is gambling legal in Texas? I know it is up here.:):):D

We'll have to get one of the visiting yankees to hold the money.......unless you feel they can't be trusted with that kind of cash???

Back