IBS 600 Yd. SOY results

Thanks Dave from this 600 yd. shooter. I'd also like to thank Larry Isenhour for keeping up with the 600 yd. SOY points throughout the season keeping the shooters informed on their standings. Also, congrats to Sam Hall for Shooter of the Year and Richard Schatz for giving Sam a run for his money.

Thanks,
Rodney

Last edited:
I would also like to give Dave and Larry an big thanks for tallying the points. Like Rodney said, Larry kept us informed throughout the year and Dave spent the better part of last weekend adding up the points for every last shooter. I know, because I called Dave late Sat. afternoon and he was still working on them. Lets not for get these guys worked hard on these points for no pay or benefit to them. It is a hard, thankless job these guys have done. Larry kept up with these points even through a serious illness he had near the end of the year. He had to miss the last matches we had at Piedmont and the Nationals, but still did not give up on the points. Also, Dave has probably done more than anyone getting this 600 yard game off the ground and running. As anything starting, it still has it kinks, but if I am not mistaken it is growing faster than any other disipline in the IBS. I will give Dave credit for getting me interested and actually attending my first 600 yard match in mid2004. I spoke with him on different occasions about 1000 yard shooting I was just starting at that time. Each time I spoke with him he kept suggesting I try 600 yards. He finally got to me and I gave it a try in mid 2004. To say the least I was hooked. As for Larry Isenhour, I met him at my first match. He has helped me out tremendously also. He has given me mounds of useful info. on shooting and reloading over the years. He has been a great friend to me also. I have met alot of great people shooting IBS 600, several have become very good friends. I have never so many people that are so willing to help. I never thought I would be able to compete with Dave, Larry, Terry Brady, Joel Kendrick, Mike Davis and the list goes on. But these guys and others were good enough to help me out and give me useful advise. I listened to them and learned. Thanks again guys!
Samuel Hall

First and foremost-- Thanks to Larry, Dave and everyone behind the scenes for all thier long hours of unrewarding work which makes this rapidly growing sport run as smoothly as it does.

Congratulations to Sam Hall for making it two in a row after another fine season of showing us how it's done!!

Here's to a great 2010 season. May the games begin!

Oh, wait a minute, only four weeks to our season opener, and still have two feet of snow on the ground.

Richard Schatz

richard,

it's only 2 1/2 weeks until dasher season opens in montana. of all the places in the world, we actually had a mild winter, and the snow is gone in most of the valleys. of course it aint over till its over, and that can mean july, haha. hope you wintered well, hope to see you make it out our direction for dasher season.
tom

Back