I see BAT Machine is making a new action

skeetlee

Accurate shooter has on their Daily Bulletin The new BAT Neuvo Action. Very Interesting I think. I am an action Junky, so I cant help but wonder about this thing. Im sure it wont be cheap, and probably hard as heck to get ahold of, but I want one!!! LOL!! I guess Dwight Scott had a lot of input on this action, and as I understand it, Bat has completely redesigned the fire control? Anyone else know anything? Lee

Accurate shooter has on their Daily Bulletin The new BAT Neuvo Action. Very Interesting I think. I am an action Junky, so I cant help but wonder about this thing. Im sure it wont be cheap, and probably hard as heck to get ahold of, but I want one!!! LOL!! I guess Dwight Scott had a lot of input on this action, and as I understand it, Bat has completely redesigned the fire control? Anyone else know anything? Lee
Lee. I called Dwight this afternoon because he has one of my dies and I needed to know if he shipped it. I asked him about the action. He told me that he has 5 prototypes at his place. He said it is nothing revolutionary, just a lot of little improvements over what is offered now. He said it would take too long to talk about everything that was done. Here are a few things that he told me that I remember. It has a horizontal 2 lug, large diameter bolt like a Hall. There is a lube port on the top of the shroud so u can put a drop of oil in it. He said it has a very tight shroud to bolt fit and no weight on the cocking piece. There is a relief on the bolt face. A few new safety features. If a case ruptures, it seals off the loading ports and contains it. There are 2 grooves on the bottom of the action to help bedding. that's all I remember because I had to get going. He said the Prototypes that Chris at Bullet Central had got sold. I think he told me around $1550.00. I think he said that the actions once they get running are $1850.00 I was just told. Wish I could tell you more. Something else Lee that I just remembered, Dwight mentioned something about the bolt handle being a 3/4" stub. He might of said that it was machined right in with the bolt and that u screw a lengthened handle on it so it's not like my early Black Widow that was braised on and the newer ones are screwed on. Again I'm pretty sure that's he way I understood it.

Last edited:
Lee. I called Dwight this afternoon because he has one of my dies and I needed to know if he shipped it. I asked him about the action. He told me that he has 5 prototypes at his place. He said it is nothing revolutionary, just a lot of little improvements over what is offered now. He said it would take too long to talk about everything that was done. Here are a few things that he told me that I remember. It has a horizontal 2 lug, large diameter bolt like a Hall. There is a lube port on the top of the shroud so u can put a drop of oil in it. He said it has a very tight shroud to bolt fit and no weight on the cocking piece. There is a relief on the bolt face. A few new safety features. If a case ruptures, it seals off the loading ports and contains it. There are 2 grooves on the bottom of the action to help bedding. that's all I remember because I had to get going. He said the Prototypes that Chris at Bullet Central had got sold. I think he told me around $1550.00. I think he said that the actions once they get running might be around $1700.00 but don't hold me to that. Wish I could tell you more. Something else Lee that I just remembered, Dwight mentioned something about the bolt handle being a 3/4" stub. He might of said that it was machined right in with the bolt and that u screw a lengthened handle on it so it's not like my early Black Widow that was braised on and the newer ones are screwed on. Again I'm pretty sure that's he way I understood it.

My attention was directed to this post.

The price is not $1,550 or $1,700. To clear any confusion, we will have introductory pricing of $1,850 which includes SS action body and Melonite finish. For a premium action we are not making any without the Melonite/nitride finish. I am not going to comment on the features mentioned above - we will publish them in due course and provide a link on this forum.

Thanks

My attention was directed to this post.

The price is not $1,550 or $1,700. To clear any confusion, we will have introductory pricing of $1,850 which includes SS action body and Melonite finish. For a premium action we are not making any without the Melonite/nitride finish. I am not going to comment on the features mentioned above - we will publish them in due course and provide a link on this forum.

Thanks
Chris. I never said they were going to be 1550 or 1700. I'm pretty sure that Dwight told me that the prototypes that you had sold for 1550 and I asked him what the production models would go for and he said that he didn't know for sure but said maybe 1700 or a little higher but I wrote down don't hold me to that. I don't get what is so hush hush about some of the features?

Chris. I never said they were going to be 1550 or 1700. I'm pretty sure that Dwight told me that the prototypes that you had sold for 1550 and I asked him what the production models would go for and he said that he didn't know for sure but said maybe 1700 or a little higher but I wrote down don't hold me to that. I don't get what is so hush hush about some of the features?

Okay, I can see you edited your first post (changed the $1700 to $1850).

For the record. No actions have been sold for $1,550 or close to that. Not sure how that got mixed up with Dwight. He knows that as well as I do. I just don't need people misunderstanding anything at this point so all I want to do is clear any confusion.

When we are ready we will reveal a lot more of the features. All we are doing right now is announcing the action, letting the market know what is ahead. Hope that helps.

Back