i need help here.

D

derek casey

i have been looking for about a month now at buy a new rifle for 50/50 unlimited class. so far i have narrowed it down to a anschutz and a remington 40x. the 40x has a mcmillin stock, hand lapped match barrel,and trigger is 6oz's. the anschutz is box stock. i think i would be better off in the long run with the remington because in 2009 i could just put a benchmark barrel on it. what do you guys think the best buy would be? i'm really leaning towards the remington because i see alot of them at matches. that kinda speaks volumes on it's own, but on the other hand i see alot of annies also. help me out here please!!!

Hi Derek, one other thing I would suggest, you say for 50/50 Unlimited. You might wanna consider getting a 10.5Lb. rifle, that way you can shoot unlimited, and ALSO the 10.5, ad 13.5 lb. classes. I have seen folks go for unlimited, then end up having to modify or buy another rifle for additional classes. A 10.5 Lb rifle gives you more choices. Just my Opinion.

thanks alot. this year will be the first time i try the 50/50 unlimited class. i was really leaning towards the 40x myself. the ones i saw were pretty much set up and ready. i might have to change a scope out and add a tuner but the rest is there. i'm getting a all new set up just for this year. new rest's and bags. a one piece rest for unlimited. i've played around for the last few years but now it is time to really compete to win some more local matches. i've shot center fire alot but rimfire seems alot more fun and alot more competitive. again thanks alot.

Derek,
I'd go with the 40X also. If you do, you might want to pop for another $150 and put a Jewel trigger on it. You won't regret it.

40x or Annie

First I agree with Bob - don`t limit yourself to unlimited set up what ever you decide on as a 10.5# gun and you`ll be able to use it more!

Now the 40x you say has a 6 oz trigger, so I will assume it`s a factory one,
first thing you`ll want to do is install a jewel to get it down to 2 oz.

The right Annie will have a great trigger already that will adjust to 2 oz.

Most Remingtons won`t shoot competitively out of the box and if the one you are considering has been worked on, you might want to shoot it before you buy it?!
Many Annies will shoot out of the box and be competitive, and you have a better chance at getting one of them!
Just my opinion!
Pete

Back