I need a one piece redt

skeetlee

What’s your favorite one piece rest? I am in the need of and I don’t know what one to go with. Papas or the stiller or something else?

Lee, I’ve not shot off the Stiller so can’t speak of those. I’ve heard they’re nice.
I didn’t care for the Papas I had but didn’t try a different top either.
Randolph makes a nice one pc. There is one for sale on Rimfire Accuracy now.
Also, Cliff Arnold make a nice one. Heard nothing but good about those as well.

Keith

I have a Pappas and tried three tops before I found one that I liked. It's called a Fuzz Button made by PQP. It made a big difference in the way my rifle recoils and stays on POA. $225 from Killoughs Shooting Sports.

Last edited:
I have very little need for a one piece rest but I bought a Stiller for UNL matches. The thing is damn slick and there are very good reasons they sell as soon as he turns them out.
IMHO the joystick is the only way to go currently. I use the bag top with an Edgewood, don't favor hard/bouncy.

Last edited:
Before I bought a joystick, I would go to a match as use one. As many don't like them as do like them. I have tried them and don't care for them personally. Others love them. Sometimes it depends how you shoot. If you shoot up and down, they aren't for you.

Go to a match and look and try them. Then again, if you haven't used any of them, you will probably like whatever you buy. Another a lot of people are using is the PQP lite. A little cheaper, but only allows for the included rest top. Many good shooters use a similar design.

If you want some bling (color), Cliff Arnold is the best game in town. I would say he has 50% of the market right now.

Before I bought a joystick, I would go to a match as use one. As many don't like them as do like them. I have tried them and don't care for them personally. Others love them. Sometimes it depends how you shoot. If you shoot up and down, they aren't for you.

Go to a match and look and try them. Then again, if you haven't used any of them, you will probably like whatever you buy. Another a lot of people are using is the PQP lite. A little cheaper, but only allows for the included rest top. Many good shooters use a similar design.

If you want some bling (color), Cliff Arnold is the best game in town. I would say he has 50% of the market right now.

You have me curious, why would it make a difference if you shoot up and down?
Understand,I suspect, the possibility of no windage requirement with a two wheel system but I suspect that is not a world many shooters live in, particularly outdoors.

You have me curious, why would it make a difference if you shoot up and down?
Understand,I suspect, the possibility of no windage requirement with a two wheel system but I suspect that is not a world many shooters live in, particularly outdoors.

Because of the way the cam works it drifts as I understand it when it goes up and down. That may not be the best way to explain it, but is a known side effect of the way the joystick works. Just something you have to be ok with. Not that its good or bad, just something to be aware of. I end up always moving to my aim point from the same direction regardless so I am not sure it matters that much but has been something people who do shoot up and down point out.

I'd guess guys that find issues tend not to have joystick experience.
Coming from the CF world and using a Farley, now SEB, and the fact that your hand never leaves the joystick, any required adjustment L or R is about instantaneous after about 15 minutes with it. With practice you can go straight up or down with no drift if required in my experience.
Since 90% of my shooting is off two piece with bags, this thing is slick.

I believe this is the only pure joystick ,1 piece rest design, in existence designed for RF. It travels pretty close to true either horizontally or vertical.
rest.JPG

Last edited:
I believe this the only pure joystick 1 piece rest design in existence designed for RF. It travels pretty close to true either horizontally or vertical.
View attachment 23357

Hey Jerry,
I was pretty impressed when you showed that to me a couple of years ago in St Louis.
BTW, just spent a few days with Stiller and should have given you a call. We messed around with my Young rail and a few other things.
In route home now,
Landy

Target Shooting Rests

I’ve known Wally Brownlee for a long time and have been working with him to design the ultimate rimfire rifle rest. He obviously has the talent and resources to make a great rest and I’m sure would welcome some feedback from you guys. Drop him a note or give him a call at 1.800.611.2164 Let’s help him design the ultimate rimfire rest! He’s a great guy with a passion for building the best rests and equipment for the serious shooters!

https://www.targetshooting.com/news/

High Noon

I'd guess guys that find issues tend not to have joystick experience.
Coming from the CF world and using a Farley, now SEB, and the fact that your hand never leaves the joystick, any required adjustment L or R is about instantaneous after about 15 minutes with it. With practice you can go straight up or down with no drift if required in my experience.
Since 90% of my shooting is off two piece with bags, this thing is slick.

This isn't guys with no experience. In fact, two of the people who shoot this way are probably considered in the top 10 all time. I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion, just simply stating what some don't like. Like I said, some love it so I won't say it's bad, just personal preference.

I suspect in the case of this OP, it wouldn't matter if he has no experience with any of them. I also feel like I need to add, Stiller's rests are obviously high quality, I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. It's all personal preference. As we tell everyone on most threads like this, go to a match and try one. Someone will be there to let you try it.

Last edited:
Understood. The OP is, I believe, a CF guy so I'd guess it is an easy transition.
Jerry H down in Tx did a pretty good job on his but IMHO Lots of parts.
All of BR involves a ton of "monkey see monkey do" and rimfire is way, way more than Cf. I am sure you know tons of guys, as well, with equipment top to bottom based on what got read on forums, what the WLM may or may not have stated as absolute fact or simply that is what many others do.
As I said,Jerry's is an elegant solution backed by great design world class machine work. Simplicity at it's finest.

Last edited:
How smooth is the joystick on the PQP compared to a Seb Neo?

It is easy but you have to remember it is only for windage.....your hand is also on the vertical adjustment wheel
So you still have 2 adjustments without 2 wheels.

I believe this the only pure joystick 1 piece rest design in existence designed for RF. It travels pretty close to true either horizontally or vertical.
View attachment 23357

That thing is a work of art. Have you built any for others ?
Jerry, how much elevation can you get before you have to go to the elevation screw?

i built 9 total. 6 are in use. 1 disappeared after the owner passed. There are 2 left. These 9 are all prototypes that have the same general design features with a small evolution in some features. They all can cover an IR50 target diagonally corner to corner with the joystick without any supplemental adjustments if the rest is setup midrange at the center of the target paper. The rests in the picture are dual mode and the windage & elevation adjustments are not used in joystick mode. In conventional mode the joystick is not used.

Back