I.B.S. Rimfire in 2024

revolverguy

I.B.S. rimfire matches to begin a trial period beginning in 2024.​

An IBS rimfire benchrest score rule book has been created for a trial period beginning in 2024. The format allows for three (3) classes of rifles. Unlimited and Factory classes are similar to other rimfire benchrest organizations to allow potential competitors to seamlessly transition to IBS competition without significant equipment changes. The third class, unique to IBS, is labeled “Custom”. It falls between the Unlimited and Factory specifications allowing certain modifications to be made to the rifles.

IBS Rimfire competitions are proposed to be fired at both 50 yards, the same as other organizations, and 100 yards. A provisional 100 yard target, similar in style to the IBS official 50 yard target, with 25 individual bulls-eyes and 4 sighter targets, has been developed and is available in limited quantities.

Meets will generally consist of two (2) or four (4) twenty-five bull target matches at either one or both distances. Standard ‘best edge’ scoring is used with a 10X being the goal. Maximum score per target card is 250-25X.

It is hoped with the relatively inexpensive, introductory ‘Factory’ class, that IBS can increase participation in our sport and bring in new and younger competitors including those associated with organized youth programs nationwide.

The rule book, at this point, is a work in progress. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Interested parties may contact Mark Burns at MCGC.22benchrest@gmail.com for more information and/or a copy of the provisional rulebook.

Attachments

• 18x24 red 2.0.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 2024 IBS rimfire 1.0.3.pdf
    480.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Am I understanding the unlimited class rest rule right? It says no adjustments under the rest and must have sandbags front and rear.

would this rest be legal?IMG_1221.JPG

It's hard to tell via your picture but I think, yes, it would be legal for Unlimited. The spacer is to raise the rest if there is not enough elevation to 'see' the target and it should not be fastened to the bench. (similar to the plywood in your Photo. Windage and elevation adjustments should be a function of the rest, not the spacer. I do not interpret that sand bags are necessary for Unlimited but are for Custom and Factory unless using a bipod as the front support. The unlimited and factory classes are pretty much the same as other rimfire benchrest organization rules.
Hope this helps.

Mark

Another question. What size are the scoring rings on the 50 & 100 yard targets/
The 100 yard target has rings at 1/2, 1, 1.5, 2 minutes etc. which equates to about 1/2" 10 ring, 1" 9 ring, 1.5' 8 ring etc. the same as the 100 yard IBS Hunter target. The 50 yard target, which is available from National Target, has a 10 ring at about 1/2", 9 ring about 3/4", 8 ring about 1", 7 ring abut 1 1/4" etc. The 100 yd target goes out to include the 5 ring and the 50 yd target to include the 3 ring.

I took the time to read and comprehend the rules better. Pretty much understand what you are trying for. Good luck in your efforts. The 100 yard target seems pretty tough. A little too much wind and you will be in an adjecent box with a 0. Two shots will be a 0 for sure. Need to be very good at reading the wind. We shoot the A25 target in our matches and it is tough enough. 10 shots in the X ring are hard to come by. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

I.B.S. rimfire matches to begin a trial period beginning in 2024.​

An IBS rimfire benchrest score rule book has been created for a trial period beginning in 2024. The format allows for three (3) classes of rifles. Unlimited and Factory classes are similar to other rimfire benchrest organizations to allow potential competitors to seamlessly transition to IBS competition without significant equipment changes. The third class, unique to IBS, is labeled “Custom”. It falls between the Unlimited and Factory specifications allowing certain modifications to be made to the rifles.

IBS Rimfire competitions are proposed to be fired at both 50 yards, the same as other organizations, and 100 yards. A provisional 100 yard target, similar in style to the IBS official 50 yard target, with 25 individual bulls-eyes and 4 sighter targets, has been developed and is available in limited quantities.

Meets will generally consist of two (2) or four (4) twenty-five bull target matches at either one or both distances. Standard ‘best edge’ scoring is used with a 10X being the goal. Maximum score per target card is 250-25X.

It is hoped with the relatively inexpensive, introductory ‘Factory’ class, that IBS can increase participation in our sport and bring in new and younger competitors including those associated with organized youth programs nationwide.

Interested parties may contact Mark Burns at MCGC.22benchrest@gmail.com for more information and/or a copy of the provisional rulebook.
This is very interesting. our club uses the IBS for Thrifty, factory and super factory similar to your custom class. unlimited we were using the old RBA and have just switched to the ARA UL
in the past we had 100yd. matches ran alongside the CF Hunter class using the IBS 100yd hunter target 5-minute relay one shot per bull. 5 relays
that 25 bull 100yd target will be a heart breaker target for sure!

Lee

Attachments

• 100yd Hunter - Copy.JPG
    100yd Hunter - Copy.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 38
Back