HV Nationals

Flathead MT.

Congratulations to AZ in Heavy Varmit U.S. National Title- 1st place. Also placed in LV. My hat is off to you sir. I knew things were getting serious when my mentor (AZ) showed up and placed his rifle set up on the bench next to me. I guess shooting in those Arizona winds ain't nothing compared to what we normally shoot at home. Plus it helps that you are a great shooter. And your first event not at your house to boot. Oh goodness, what the heck have I done. Great shooting Buddy!

Thank you Jeff, you also did VERY WELL and I congratulate you for your first place in the OPEN class and your second place in SPRINGER...You must be very happy for your success and for putting your Anaconda corner of Montana on the map...Now the people will know that there are good airgun shooters in MT besides horses, bears, huckleberries and cold weather! :cool:

I see that your trigger finger is still happy and that you are shooting the EBR (Extreme Benchrest)...Man!, you must be having a blast after a continuous week of shooting and depleting your inventory of .177, .25, .30 and .458 pellets...Good luck at the EBR!

Best regards,

AZ

Miller time

Not to take anything away from the beautiful state of Montana, but the Millers from CA did pretty well too!

Vipha won two classes: Unlimited and LV. Doug was top 3 in 3 classes...but no one else was.

Sounds like a great event and sorry I had to miss it!

"Not to take anything away from the beautiful state of Montana, but the Millers from CA did pretty well too!
Vipha won two classes: Unlimited and LV. Doug was top 3 in 3 classes...but no one else was."

Yes, you missed a great event Kim...Shooting, meeting, and sharing experiences and knowledge with some great shooters is always fun and rewarding and the Millers whom I congratulated in person are just some of those shooters I am talking about....ANYONE you see at the top of the lists could've won any class.

If you are not to say anything positive or congratulate the winners, it is of bad taste to make downgrading comparisons... specially if you are not part of the winning circle.

it is OK to be happy and congratulate each other for winning a National Championship...My statement about putting "your Anaconda corner of Montana on the map" meant letting people know Anaconda, MT exists and this is a joke in between Jeff and I...Jeff's comment about me is because he actually dragged me to the Nationals as I was not going to drive 3200 miles for shooting a tournament and I won a class that he could've very well taken...

I hope you win on the next nationals so you don't have to brag about other shooters accomplishments...You will be able to brag about your own...I will sincerely congratulate you if you win...Shooting to us in MT is about camaraderie and if we are good enough it is about winning the match...and I believe Jeff and I both did this in 2 classes and as said before: It is OK and we have the right to congratulate each other...Yes, Vipha and Doug both shot 4 classes, I only shoot two (HV and LV)

Now...Please go to these 2 links below...

On the first link go to the top (HV and LV OUTDOORS) ...I am AZ and I finished first in both HV and LV ...But if you look closely, you will see that out of 27 registered cards only 11 were not 250's...Then I shot almost FOURTEEN consecutive perfect registered 250 targets in HV equivalent to 347 TENS with 199 X's in a row shooting OUTDOORS under pretty windy conditions and twice with rain...That my friend is a record that I set and belongs to the USA and neither you nor ANYBODY in the world has ever shot in any discipline air or powder while shooting outdoors, I don't know about indoors...Again: Never ever anywhere in the world.
See: https://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/...gh-october-31/

Now, If this is not enough for you, go to RECORDS and find HV OUTDOORS....Again, I am AZ and I set the 3rd place 750-35X earlier this summer and then 2-3 matches later, I set the 1st place with a 750-50X....Both records were verified by USARB.
See: https://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/records/

To finalize, you will be interested in knowing is that I started shooting BR airguns seriously in the middle of the summer of 2017 but my real competitive shooting started in 2018 with an outstanding shooting HV gun that I completely modified and tuned myself...You are talking to a pretty new (but old age) BR shooter with not much experience.

Best regards,

AZ

Last edited:
No holdover intended!

AZ my kudos for team Miller were in response to the OP's congratulations to you. He congratulated you...but no other shooters. Doesn't that mean in this thread we can congratulate whomever we choose?

That said I do congratulate you, as well as everyone else who shot (and ran) the Nationals! Having shot the Nationals once I can attest that lots of time, hard work, money, and skill go into it.

I hope one day we can shoot together. And hopefully with lots of wind as my gun won't shoot 250s unless conditions are easy ;)

Kim

"Not to take anything away from the beautiful state of Montana, but the Millers from CA did pretty well too!
Vipha won two classes: Unlimited and LV. Doug was top 3 in 3 classes...but no one else was."

Yes, you missed a great event Kim...Shooting, meeting, and sharing experiences and knowledge with some great shooters is always fun and rewarding and the Millers whom I congratulated in person are just some of those shooters I am talking about....ANYONE you see at the top of the lists could've won any class.

If you are not to say anything positive or congratulate the winners, it is of bad taste to make downgrading comparisons... specially if you are not part of the winning circle.

it is OK to be happy and congratulate each other for winning a National Championship...My statement about putting "your Anaconda corner of Montana on the map" meant letting people know Anaconda, MT exists and this is a joke in between Jeff and I...Jeff's comment about me is because he actually dragged me to the Nationals as I was not going to drive 3200 miles for shooting a tournament and I won a class that he could've very well taken...

I hope you win on the next nationals so you don't have to brag about other shooters accomplishments...You will be able to brag about your own...I will sincerely congratulate you if you win...Shooting to us in MT is about camaraderie and if we are good enough it is about winning the match...and I believe Jeff and I both did this in 2 classes and as said before: It is OK and we have the right to congratulate each other...Yes, Vipha and Doug both shot 4 classes, I only shoot two (HV and LV)

Now...Please go to these 2 links below...

On the first link go to the top (HV and LV OUTDOORS) ...I am AZ and I finished first in both HV and LV ...But if you look closely, you will see that out of 27 registered cards only 11 were not 250's...Then I shot almost FOURTEEN consecutive perfect registered 250 targets in HV equivalent to 347 TENS with 199 X's in a row shooting OUTDOORS under pretty windy conditions and twice with rain...That my friend is a record that I set and belongs to the USA and neither you nor ANYBODY in the world has ever shot in any discipline air or powder while shooting outdoors, I don't know about indoors...Again: Never ever anywhere in the world.
See: https://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/...gh-october-31/

Now, If this is not enough for you, go to RECORDS and find HV OUTDOORS....Again, I am AZ and I set the 3rd place 750-35X earlier this summer and then 2-3 matches later, I set the 1st place with a 750-50X....Both records were verified by USARB.
See: https://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/records/

To finalize, you will be interested in knowing is that I started shooting BR airguns seriously in the middle of the summer of 2017 but my real competitive shooting started in 2018 with an outstanding shooting HV gun that I completely modified and tuned myself...You are talking to a pretty new (but old age) BR shooter with not much experience.

Best regards,

AZ

Back