Howdy!

G

guitarguy1

I just joined up and look forward to get to know this site better.

Im sorry to just crash the party and start asking for things, but theres a metal working meeting coming up in Pennsylvania two weeks from now I believe, Cabin Fever Expo, and I need some help from you folks so I can purchase what I need.

I'm building a bolt action distance target rifle in either the .223 or .308. What I can't find anywhere is the measurements of the actions for bolt action rifles, Specifically the Rem.700 or Win.70. This includes bolt lengths, diameters, thickness of the action, et cetra. Once I have the outside measurements I can get the internal ones for machining easily enough just from bullet diameters and the math for needed stress tolerances.

For those who would feel awkward giving this to someone who for all they know is going to wind up having it blow up in his face and whining about it, don't fret! I've already built a falling block action and it came out fairly nicely.

Im basically just trying to find out what size chunk of 4140 steel I need to purchase to build the action I want to build. Even if all your able to give me is the height, length and width of your action I would truly, greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

This might interest you

I just joined up and look forward to get to know this site better.

Im sorry to just crash the party and start asking for things, but theres a metal working meeting coming up in Pennsylvania two weeks from now I believe, Cabin Fever Expo, and I need some help from you folks so I can purchase what I need.

I'm building a bolt action distance target rifle in either the .223 or .308. What I can't find anywhere is the measurements of the actions for bolt action rifles, Specifically the Rem.700 or Win.70. This includes bolt lengths, diameters, thickness of the action, et cetra. Once I have the outside measurements I can get the internal ones for machining easily enough just from bullet diameters and the math for needed stress tolerances.

For those who would feel awkward giving this to someone who for all they know is going to wind up having it blow up in his face and whining about it, don't fret! I've already built a falling block action and it came out fairly nicely.

Im basically just trying to find out what size chunk of 4140 steel I need to purchase to build the action I want to build. Even if all your able to give me is the height, length and width of your action I would truly, greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

http://www.benchrest.com/cgi-bin/cl...esults_format=long&db_id=8783&query=retrieval

Back