How would you like to have this guy on the next bench?

TomD

e publius unum
At Riverbend Gun Club last Friday. I had to try several time to catch him just a couple of milliseconds after ignition.

Can you imagine having this going on at the next bench while trying to shoot a match?

The bottom shot is right out of the camera, not touched up. I guess a little distance and a "tall" lens is needed to get those howitzer and M1-A shots.

Ready to light off a 50 BMG round. by TomD77, on Flickr

Shock Wave by TomD77, on Flickr

Those people like that think you want them to shoot so you can watch. Funny to see their faces when they ask if you wanna shoot it and you say all i want is for you to put that up so everybody else can shoot.

in 50 bmg comp/eye protection is mandatory/or you will be dq'd

this set-up is not a competition set-up

This is from Riverbend Gun Club, north of Atlanta, one of the largest and best Gun Clubs in the nation, seriously, right at the top. We've thousands of members, hundreds of acres, and more ranges than you can count on all your fingers and toes. It is a members only private club. I'm sure there's a rule somewhere about eye protection but frankly, our immutable rules have to do with gun safety.

At Riverbend Gun Club last Friday. I had to try several time to catch him just a couple of milliseconds after ignition.

Can you imagine having this going on at the next bench while trying to shoot a match?

The bottom shot is right out of the camera, not touched up. I guess a little distance and a "tall" lens is needed to get those howitzer and M1-A shots.

Ready to light off a 50 BMG round. by TomD77, on Flickr

Shock Wave by TomD77, on Flickr

A good match Director would not allow this to happen while his match was being conducted. At our club, the range we shoot on is reserved solely for the match being conducted. Competitors cannot use calibers beyond a certain size and all muzzle brakes are band. Love thy neighbor is observed at all times. Hot ejected brass must be confined within the dimensions of the bench top. :)

I love my .50 but wouldn't think of shooting it around filled benches. These brakes create an inordinate amount of side blast....hell, even the shooter feels some of it in the sinuses.

But it's pretty neat, albeit expensive, to dump 240 grains of 869 under one of these:

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

another narrow minded bench rest shooter , with no real world experience, speaks up.
the world does not revolve around short range bench rest.
get a life

I wonder what you call "real world experience," and how would you know if I had it? As for me, anyone who showers their neighbor with brass is a jerk!

I wonder what you call "real world experience," and how would you know if I had it? As for me, anyone who showers their neighbor with brass is a jerk!

Agree with the last bit. On my range they might get a 50 caliber suppository....fired or unfired!

Relax. It's part of the game. A little hot brass down the neck is part of the game....
It's like this jerk at the Super Shoot who hollers "someone is shooting on my target". Of course. His target was clean..............Opppssss.

The gun in the picture is a single shot bolt action so how are you guys getting brass down your shirt? Are you taking it out of the shooters hand and putting it there?
John

Back