how tight of a chamber?

R

robbor

What would you recomend for the tightest chamber for use with plinking ammo on a bolt gun? Is the lilja to tight? From my measurements the freeland would probably be troublesome, but???.

Chamber

The Freeland would be too tight. Not sure about the Lilja. Are you buying a prechambered barrel?

no!

Im going to chamber a blank, Im looking to see if I can find any inexpensive tight bore rimfire blanks and then Ill get a reamer from PTG.

not sure that is correct

the 52-D chamber is one of the tightest chambers that is currectly being used or requested by shooters.

I am not sure if about 1/3 of the ammo will indeed chamber in this configeration.
steve's book seems to deliniate this. Roger is very knowledgeable however he may be refering to a different reamer than I.

we need the proper specs before confirming this but I think we should try to see if we can get the specs, I may be wrong and I want to order some stuff from roger so i shoould be sure of what I am saying....

anyway maybe tonight I will check, maybe on lilja website he has the specs

Jeff

Jefferson,

The Win52 chamber is a taper chamber going from .225 at the case mouth to 227 at the rim. But it does have a short lead and after thinking about it, it might give trouble extracting an unfired round. So maybe a 22 LR Sporting might be better as it has a much longer lead and will not hinder the extraction of a loaded round.

Attached is a list of chamber specs.

Attachments

• 22 Rimfire Specs.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 325
PTG reply

I got a response from Dave and thought Id pass is along:
Good news Lilja it is.
For all around performance I recommend the PTG Match or Lilja Match. I’ve attached copies of those two prints.
3 thumbs up to Dave

I emailed Dave Kiff over there a while back, asking about the Eley EPS reamer.
We have been told the 22 Lilja Match is the best for most types of ammo. The 22 eley Match is very good for eley ammo but has some problems with others.

Back