How Did You Set Up Your SEB NEO?

Which was do you have your base pointing?

Thanks Bob
If your shooting Benchrest you will need to get the rest as close to the front edge of bench to keep the muzzle in front of the bench(A rule of NBRSA and IBS).
This probably requires one to have the middle leg pointing backwards under the Joy stick.
They make a short rear leg which does not interfere with the Joy stick.
Good luck with your new toy.
CLP

seb

If your shooting Benchrest you will need to get the rest as close to the front edge of bench to keep the muzzle in front of the bench(A rule of NBRSA and IBS).
This probably requires one to have the middle leg pointing backwards under the Joy stick.
They make a short rear leg which does not interfere with the Joy stick.
Good luck with your new toy.
CLP

PMA tool sells the short leg .

Thanks Guys. That is how my Bald Eagle is, but the instructions that came with the NEO talk about putting it together either way. I will use it the first time a week from Saturday at Bob White / Harley Bakers. Bench Rest Clinic. Sure looks nice.

Bob

Do you have the Michael Rattigan optioned Seb Rest? If you don't, give Mike a call. He recommends the short arm be pointed towards the shooter and employs the counter balance weight opposite the shooter. If you use the rest as he recommends, you will quickly learn to love the entire set-up. If you need his phone number PM me.

If you turn the rest 180 degrees with the single leg forward, you will not only need to move further back from the front edge of the bench, but you will need to hold the joy stick while shooting to keep the test from falling down. Even if you do hold it, you will tend to see an unexplained shot falling out of the bottom of your group.

Thanks for the advise. I am just putting it together today and will see how it works and decide whether to order the counter balance. Also considering whether to buy the spiked feet for it. I was surprised that it did not come with those, which is how my Bald Eagle is set up. I guess between the Delrin Forend Stop, the counter weight, the short arm, the spiked F class feet and the case for it, it will not be a $2,000 rest.

Bob

If you turn the rest 180 degrees with the single leg forward, you will not only need to move further back from the front edge of the bench, but you will need to hold the joy stick while shooting to keep the test from falling down. Even if you do hold it, you will tend to see an unexplained shot falling out of the bottom of your group.

Is this observation an indication that the SEB is intended to be used with the the short leg to the rear? My concern is the unexplained low impact shots.

Glenn

It's Pretty

I will use it next week and then decide if I want to get the short leg. I think I will need a higher bag or some lifts for the rear bag. Have to see how far I get it down and still usable.

Bob

Attachments

• SEB NEO LARGE.jpg
    SEB NEO LARGE.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 347
I will use it next week and then decide if I want to get the short leg. I think I will need a higher bag or some lifts for the rear bag. Have to see how far I get it down and still usable.

Bob
Bob. Your legs are upside down. The pointy part of the legs go down and not up like you have pictured. Most people that I know use the real short maybe one half inch pointy threaded bolt with the allen head top in the leg that faces the shooter so it doesn't interfere with the joystick. Also get yourself a set of Benchrite std 2" stabilfeet that way if your shooting on a concrete bench u can use them. If your shooting on a wooden bench you just use the points in the wood.

Last edited:
I am a dummy and the assembly sheets are not real good in my opinion (I used to build Heath Kits as a kid, so I was spoiled at a young age). The way those bolts are, are exactly they way they were placed when received and the rest was unpacked. So there are Spikes under those nuts? I was wondering and maybe I should have checked this out before ordering $120.00 "F" Class Feet for it. I do have the pads of which you speak for my other rest, so I can use them, but I did just order another set from Sinclair. Where is the screw that you are talking about with the allen head top? Do I have to order that?

I am not at my house, but will be tomorrow so I will reverse the feet, which makes sense.

Thanks, Bob

Last edited:
Is this observation an indication that the SEB is intended to be used with the the short leg to the rear? My concern is the unexplained low impact shots.

Glenn

I would not pretend to know the intent of the design. That being said, I tried my Seb Neo facing both ways and there is no question as to which way works best for me. Having the short leg to the rear with the counter balance weight to the front is infinitely better. It isn't even a close call. With the rest set up this way, it is rock solid and the set screw for the vertical adjustment face the shooter and can be easily tightened before shooting. If you put the single leg forward, the set screws are facing away from the shooter, and the rest will fall.

I am a dummy and the assembly sheets are not real good in my opinion (I used to build Heath Kits as a kid, so I was spoiled at a young age). The way those bolts are, are exactly they way they were placed when received and the rest was unpacked. So there are Spikes under those nuts? I was wondering and maybe I should have checked this out before ordering $120.00 "F" Class Feet for it. I do have the pads of which you speak for my other rest, so I can use them, but I did just order another set from Sinclair. Where is the screw that you are talking about with the allen head top? Do I have to order that?

I am not at my house, but will be tomorrow so I will reverse the feet, which makes sense.

Thanks, Bob

Bob-
Here is the link for how to assemble the Neo rest with the short leg to the rear with the short rear leg screw (along with the part numbers if you need to order parts).
http://sebrests.com/download/manuals/neo-manual.pdf
If you need to order any parts, call Mike Rattigan PH 405-423-4012

Thanks SodF,

I wish this had been the instruction manual they shipped with the rest. Some interesting things. Even on this one, the main picture shows it without the columns having the end cap screws installed which are still showing as filled screws on the back bottom of the rest. I will not even comment on the other stupid thing I did and the part I ordered to fix in my mind, what is obviously not an issue to begin with.

I will reach out to Mike for that screw and to get prices on the other optional equipment. You don't happen to have an e-mail address for him do you?

Thanks again, Bob

Thanks SodF,

I wish this had been the instruction manual they shipped with the rest. Some interesting things. Even on this one, the main picture shows it without the columns having the end cap screws installed which are still showing as filled screws on the back bottom of the rest. I will not even comment on the other stupid thing I did and the part I ordered to fix in my mind, what is obviously not an issue to begin with.

I will reach out to Mike for that screw and to get prices on the other optional equipment. You don't happen to have an e-mail address for him do you?

Thanks again, Bob

Bob that short threaded allen head screw that I was talking about comes with the rest. As far as the leg goes most people that I know who have them that I shoot against have the leg facing the shooter. Reason being if u use it the other way where the leg is facing towards the target the rifle will be too far back towards you if that makes any sense. Yes those nuts protect the points from piercing everything including you until u take them off when you set up your rest at a bench.

Last edited:
I do not have a screw like that, at least not one that is separated from the rest. Is it possibly screwed into the rest somewhere and needs to be removed to use? Like the Colum top covers are supposed to come screwed into the one set of bottom holes in the rest? Mine was missing those and had to get Ernie to ship me a couple of them.

Bob

I checked with Ernie Bishop, the short back screw is no longer supplied with new SEB NEO's but he is sending me one. I have everything now correctly set up.

I will be shooting this in multiple disciplines with rifles ranging in weight from 10.5 pound, Light Varmint to 16.5 pound long range. Do I need the Front Counter Weight and if so, which donut weight ring, medium or large?

Thanks, Bob

I think you will want the counter weight. I was unaware that there were two weights, so I can't tell you which one to use. The one I have allows you to slide the weight forward or back to get the correct balance. The "donut" on mine is 1" thick and 2" in diameter. I have it set close to the rest and it balances my 12lb rifle very nicely. I don't think I would need to slide my weight if I shot a rifle a pound lighter or heavier. In short, I could shoot a rifle a several pounds lighter or a lot heavier by sliding the weight.

Last edited:
Back