How 'bout that Michael Phelps

Bill Wynne

I am sure glad that he swims for us and that he doesn't shoot 50/50 with me.:)

I believe that he is as competitive as any athlete as I have ever seen. He looks like he is fun to be around and about half fish.

Concho Bill

My niece lives on the street behind them in Baltimore. She said he is a real kind and gracious person. He is the proverbial boy next door. He is a tribute to the USA.
Butch

Amazing talent Bill...

...he was designed to be in the water and is reported to have a better use of oxygen \ energy use in his blood than Armstrong. Off the charts!!

His arm reach is longer than his height and has huge feet!!

I also think he has gills but cannot prove it.

It will be a while before another comes along to touch him...he has some killer team mates & has given them credit. A class act!!

pf
<><

If ever a guy has lived up to his billing, it is him.

I still remember when Spitz won the 7 gold medals back in the 70's and to see Phelps tie and then surpass it has been great. Eight gold medals with seven world record times will be very hard to beat.

Twenty three years old and set for life. Can you imagine the endorsements that will be knocking at his door when he gets home??

Russell,

rumor has it he got $1,000,000.00 from Speedo for #8 & already has 5mil in endorsements waiting as we speak.

Records are meant & will be broke but will be a while in this case. He'll be back in 4 years and keep adding them on too!!

pf
<><

Surely endorsements are the just reward for the very few to achieve this level of achievement? Even if fate had dealt me Michael's perfect physique for his chosen sport, I couldn't have seen myself putting in the years of sacrifice & hard grind that he has to achieve his results.

He deserves every penny that comes his way.

Surely endorsements are the just reward for the very few to achieve this level of achievement? Even if fate had dealt me Michael's perfect physique for his chosen sport, I couldn't have seen myself putting in the years of sacrifice & hard grind that he has to achieve his results.

He deserves every penny that comes his way.

John,

That is a kind thing to say.:)

I would like to point out that your country, Australia, with a population of 21 million (one tenth of the United States) has won 11 golds already to place them in third in the gold metal count. Your young athletes have more than pulled their weight and have done their country proud.:)

Concho Bill

I would like to point out that your country, Australia, with a population of 21 million (one tenth of the United States) has won 11 golds already to place them in third in the gold metal count. Your young athletes have more than pulled their weight and have done their country proud
Concho Bill,

You better believe that we're proud of them too, but Michael is just so special. He's got front page on our local paper at least 3 days in the last week.

John

John Kielly

John I was coming home from Toowoomba today and there was some road works going on. As usual the Stop Go man put up the stop sign and I had to stop, the man came up to me and started yapping, he told me that Marks Phelps was actually borne in Australia and learnt to swim here, however he was kidnapped and taken to USA. I thought what a load of bull then I started to think about it. To swim that fast and to be the great champion that he is"HE MUST BE A AUSSIE " :):):):)
I wonder is he looking for a Manager?
Take Care
Rob

The guy is a Machine!! Great effort and he will be a rich man for it!! Need to have some dental work done with his money!! A credit to the good ole US of A!!

Yup Micheal has been awesome....... We've been watching the Olympics together every night with the kids, my eight yr-old son and 10/12yr-old daughters and Micheal has been an inspiration. We don't watch sports nor TV regularly so this is a special event and it's great to see them admiring Micheal as a role model.

Just a Boy Next Door American...... gottaluvvit

al

Back