Hornady Brass

O

Old Timer

Received my brass from Midway today. Never thought I would spend $45 for brass but you all know how that goes. I dont know why but I was expecting this brass to be ready to use, that is all the de-burring and chamfering to be done. It was not :mad:

I have not ran any across the scale yet but I can say that there are no dents like the Winchester Brass I have been using. :)

What is the best way to de-burr the outside of the mouth ? I am using a RCBS de-burring tool now but it is slow.

I don't know what final use you are gonna put your brass to but I don't do too much to my brass until its been fire formed. Then I trim to length, chamfer, deburr, etc. But anyway, I get two bowls, I turn on some mind rotting TV program, I put the un-prepped brass in one bowl and put that in my lap. I put the other bowl on the table next to me. As I deburr and chamfer each case, I put it in the bowl on the table. I let the shavings from my efforts fall into the bowl in my lap. I use the same gizzie that you do.

favorite trimmer

My recent most favorite gadget is a K&M inside case chamfer tool. It is a 4degree taper. The key is the light taper which guides the bullet ever so smoothly during seating. It does a great-straight job. I get mine from Lock Stock and Barrel.

Back