Holton Double Tournament Aug 9 & 10

WHEELS

We are having the Club championship on Saturday and the MI state championship on Sunday, August 9 and 10th.

The range will be open on Friday for practice. We have full hook up camp sites, and have arranged a discount at the Herrington in Fremont.

I am looking to get a prelimanary head count, for the steak fry on Saturday.

So if you are planning on attending, please let me know.

Thanks

Bill

Bill ,You can count me in. I'll have steak. If its as good as last year I'll take Nenow's too.:eek: Good eats,lotsa friends,warm weather,double points and a great place to spend the week end. See you all there.

MW

We will be there for

Saturday's fine dinner and to see old friends. At least that is our plans for now. Tammy Longcore and Linda have some quilting to catch up on.... If you would please, e-mail me the cost of dinner.

Cost Of Meal

For those who are not shooting in the tournament.

Steak is 10.00
Chicken is 8.00

this includes all the trimmings, baked potatoe, sweet corn (if I can get it) salad, garlic bread, and desert.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill, coming up friday afternoon and planning on camping. See ya there, Gary Kondek

Boy, Bill it ain't looking to good for drawing a crowd for the double tournement this week end at Holton. I really thought you could get some of the Ohio shooters and more of the Indiana shooters to come up for a 2 day tournement. Hopefull you have some e-mails.I sure hope the clubs up here can make it through this with out losing any more clubs next year. I better hurry and get that 30BR built.

See you on Saturday,
Mike

Say Bill, what time will the coffee be ready? That way I don't roll out of bed too early. :) Might be bringing a compadre. Looking forward to your great hospitatlity, Gary

Coffee

Gary - I will have coffee on 8:00 on Friday, and I believe breakfast and coffee will be served 7:00am on Sat and Sunday. I hope you bring a truck load of compradres.

Mike - have had no private emails, ordered 45 steaks last night, appears 10 -12 shooters is all. I have not heard from those boys that requested we do the two tournaments, must the the Holton mirage and winds are scaring them off.

Appears were going to have beautiful weather, mid 70s, low of 50 at night.

Talk to you.

Better match date planning . . .

Next year us Michigan boys really should get together and plan our rimfire dates.

Dick Wright has a match scheduled at Harrison on Saturday the 10th and we have a match here at Sault Ste. Marie on the 11th.

Let's talk about next years match schedule . . .

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)
From da U.P. eh.

Joe's right...

this needs to be coordinated before the match dates are set.

Glorya and I planned on shooting at home (Harrison) on Saturday and driving up to Joe's that evening so we could shoot Sunday.

Unfortunately that can't happen now. Too bad... Joe had about 40 shooters to this match last year. We'll miss being there.

We set dates for the upcoming year's matches in early December. We really need to communicate before then.

Dick

I agree Joe is right

Dick if you rember correctily I contacted you in Dec, 07 as soon as you announced your tentative schedule,

I explained to you the ARA State Match was scheduled at that time. Do you rember what you emailed me back about ARA shooters, and how they would not attend anyways.

I am willing to try to work out a mutual schedule for the state, I think I indicated that back then.

I also told Joe that after his post in a pm.

Bill Wheeler
Match Director Holton

Wheels,
I'll be there! I am just an ARA shooter but I ain't scared! Maybe some folks are scared of the target. I'll see you all this weekend. I'm sure it will be a good time and good fellowship.

Carp

Breakfast!!

Man that would be fabulous! Wasn't expecting that too. Won't be there that early Friday, probably not till early evening. Hope I'll still be able to get some practice in, haven't shot much this year. Looking forward to a great shoot, Gary

Bill...

I remember it well. I guess my point was we should communicate before schedules are set rather than after.

Dick

A Michigan plan . . .

Will there be any other clubs here in Michigan sponsoring Rimfire BR matches next year? Cadallac, Fenton, HIllsdale, ? That club outside Detroit: Howell?

I think they are all ARA. We ran 2 RBA and & 2 USBR sanctioned matches here four years ago and never got more than 7-8 shooters. That is why our matches now are what some folks call "Outlaw" Matches. We "redesigned" the USBR equipment rules to fit local interests. We expect more than 40 shooters this Sunday. I don't know of any other IR-50/50, RBA or USBR matches here in Michigan.

There is a small group over at the other end of the Upper Peninsula on the Wisconsin boarder: A town called Marenisco on US-2 about 30 miles East of Ironwood. Some of the Northern Wisconsin shooters could be interested in them. They shot the Postal Matches Rick Smith and Bob Walling managed 8-10 years ago. I understand the Township built them a brand new range a couple of years back.

Let's get "contact" names and e-mail addresses. Than start a plan SOON. By my count, there are eight possible clubs here in Michigan.

Joe (Mr. Frosty)

Last edited by a moderator:
# of shooters

I am at the range, backers are ready.

Winds are gusty, and switchy

I have 12 confirmed shooters and two maybes.

See you tommorow.

Bill

Mike Worthington,
Don't get that 30BR built too quick. Gas prices and ammo have a lot of folks scared to shoot. It is crazy. Every club I've been to this year is suffering. It's not good for the clubs (quite irritating actually). But I am planning to come up and we can talk at the range. The best part of this trip is I don't think I've ever been north (in the lower penisula) of 11 mile road in Detroit (Grosse Point on a Musky fishing charter). St. Joe on a salmon fishing charter a few times and New Buffalo frequently in the early 90's and 4 years ago to go to Redimak's. Can't wait to visit Holton. I hear it is an impressive range and I ain't "sceered" of the winds. Hope more shooters decide the same thing. Especially if they can't make the saturday tournament or vise versa. Come the other day folks.

See you all on Saturday (or friday if you're there kinda late, I'm camping)

Carp

Back