High quality optics for rifles

R

_rain_

I gave found good website with wide range of nikon riflescopes
. They offer traditional tube scopes, scopes with open sight, red dot scopes & etc. I have made an order:). Waiting...

Buckmaster

I'm a big fan of the Nikon Buck Master scopes. I have two of them on my hunting rifles.

I have a couple of the Nikon Monarch scopes and one buckmaster, the Monarch has noticably better glass and is a good value for the money & I have been happy with the service from SWFA

Duce

I used to stick with one brand of scope - well two actually - Leupold and Unertl. Then bought a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20, good glass, but physically too short to work on several rifles without extension mounts. I couldn't get it positioned anywhere near correctly on a short single shot Sako Vixen action, and just barely on a Remington short action, where it now resides.

Then I tried the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 40mm scopes and they are better glass with clearer picture to my eyes and long enough for proper positioning.

Point is, don't limit yourself to any one brand, if you can find one with the better features for a specific application. Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, Nikon and all the others seem to be about the same quality for mid-price scopes. The Optic Zone usually has the better price and free shipping over $300. We are fortunate to have so many choices, sometimes it's difficult to decide.:)

I have three pairs of Nikon binoculars and really like them.

But for riflescopes, I like Leupold.

Back