Hex-Boron Nitride

HELLO
I was at a match last weekend and heard talk about Hex-Boron Nitride coating of bullets. Does anyone here know anything about this coating? If so what has been the results of using this coating? I can't seem to find anything about bullet coating with this stuff. Just me again wanting to know something about anything that has to do with benchrest shooting.

Thanks Chet

benefits

What do you think are the benefits of using this process? Barrel life, accuracy, cleaning??? Very interested...Thanks.

Chris,
Thanks for the info. What are the advantages of HBN over Tungsten disulphide, and for that matter both over uncoated bullets?
Boyd

Thanks Chris for the all the info in your reply. That is the information I was looking for. I starting using Molly in 1995 and used it for 4 or 5 year and also played with Danzac for a while. I wasn't planning on using the Hex-Boron Nitride just never heard of the stuff and wanted to know more about it. As with Molly or Danzac way to messy and time doing so for me.

Thanks Again Chet

For what it's worth

At the match last weekend at Raton I noticed Butch Fjoser walking around while I was reloading. I asked him if he didn't have anything to do. He replied that since he started using HBN he only cleans his gun after the agg.

Back