Help me identify this bullet please...

S

SHOOTIST357

Greetings,

Joined this forum in need of some assistance. I'm trying to identify this bullet--I received a lot of them with no brand on box... they shoot AWESOME out of my .222. They are 50 gr with a hollow point (copper jacket is over hollow point--copper coated?), and have a odd shaped base.

Picture049.jpg

bullet1.jpg

Picture048-1.jpg

I've been surfing the net, trying to identify, but no luck.

SHOOT

Remington 50 grain Powerlock

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow--you guys are quick !!! I hope that's what they are, because those are cheap and readily available... I have most of the brands / weights of bullets, but these are the winner so far.

SHOOT

I have a couple hundred of what appears to be that bullet and mine are in Remington plastic boxes. The cupped base is a good indicator for Remington mfg. BTW they shoot very good in my Ruger #1 in 22-250.

I agree

Sure looks like a 50 Powerlokt to me.

I just came back from the loading room and compared one of my projectiles with the image on the screen. If their not 50gn Rem powerlockt projectiles then I don't know of anything else that looks the same.
Andy.

Mr. 357,, try some Remington 52 gr match, Jim Williams /Grayson Ga has plenty (that is if you're looking for another great shooting bullet for 222 and 223. Sorry for butting in w/topic not related to your question.
Wow--you guys are quick !!! I hope that's what they are, because those are cheap and readily available... I have most of the brands / weights of bullets, but these are the winner so far.

SHOOT

Back