Headed to West Virginia tomorrow-Football game

Butch Lambert

Josh and the Mountaineers will play the tough OU Sooners,#4 in the country. I have been invited to West Virginia's rifle practice by Jon Hammond. Jon is a World Class shooter in his own right. He is from Scotland and is part of the UK World Team. WVU has won the last 2 NCAA Championships and 14 overall. They are the class of collegiate shooting. Their whole team is back this year.
I've never been to Morgantown and am very excited about the trip. Will put faces to names. Gametime is 6:30 PM CST Saturday evening and is on national TV. I'm an Okie and an avid Sooner fan until they play the Mountaineers.

If you plan to stay overnight nearby, let me know. I owe you a good meal and a beverage. Looks like Bowling Green, Ky. is a tad past halfway and a few minutes drive from me.

Last edited:
Butch

living up in the great white north we have the CFL our Canadian version of the NFL. The game is football in name but in my eyes quite a bit different. Unfortunately for the CFL I am not a avid follower. What I do follow is the NFL. Recently I have bgun to watch the US College games and enjoy them as well.

I would love to watch the game Saturday but unfortunately making the trip to Holton will eat up a lot of my time. Regardless, I hope it is a great game and things work out for your grandson. They are in there with some stiff competition but anything is possible. Maybe another field goal to win the game.

Good luck.

Calvin

Butch,,,,welcome to WV,,,,you will experience the most avid fans in the US,,,we have a great University in Morgantown and a great team that Josh is a valuable part of,,,the weather is going to be PERFECT,,,,good luck to your family and GOOOO MOUNTAINEERS...Roger

[QUOTE} Their whole team is back this year. .[/QUOTE]
Whole is NOT a word I would have used., ....... There four member NCAA Championship Team is back,I will agree to that.

i...

he just had himself a nice 54 yard field goal kick. congrats

I tuned in late and didn't get to see that! They did pretty darn good against that bunch from Oklahoma!!!

54 yard field goal

He actually kicked twice on the 54 yarder, he kicked one through from 44 yards and they had a penalty and the coach sent him back out and damn if he didn't nail that 54 yarder, ice in his veins. Glad you made it up to the mountain state Butch, other then the outcome of the game I hope you had a great time here. The kick off return just before the half changed that game, but I'm so proud of our Mountaineers.
Dave T

Down the middle!

He actually kicked twice on the 54 yarder, he kicked one through from 44 yards and they had a penalty and the coach sent him back out and damn if he didn't nail that 54 yarder, ice in his veins. Glad you made it up to the mountain state Butch, other then the outcome of the game I hope you had a great time here. The kick off return just before the half changed that game, but I'm so proud of our Mountaineers.
Dave T

An like Butch... Another Sooner pullin for a certian WVU FG Kicker...! FINE job JOSH!
Butch, Proud of that FINE Grand Son..! Pros taking NOTICE.:)

A Sooner,
cale

Thanks Guys! Josh did have a good game. West Virginia is a beautiful State with wonderful people. Josh is off this weekend and I asked what are you doing? He said he is headed to his girl friend's family cabin in the woods in Virginia. He still is a hunter, fisherman, and shooter.

Back