Hawkeye borescope video adapter

Boe

I have been using a hawkeye borescope for about 11 years now in my shop to inspect rifle barrels. Does anyone else make cameras for the hawkeye? Called Hawkeye today their setup is 3,500. I just want to use a video monitor to look at the bore instead of the eyepiece, Or would I be better off getting another borescope set up for this? Any recommendations?
Thanks Boe

I have been using a hawkeye borescope for about 11 years now in my shop to inspect rifle barrels. Does anyone else make cameras for the hawkeye? Called Hawkeye today their setup is 3,500. I just want to use a video monitor to look at the bore instead of the eyepiece, Or would I be better off getting another borescope set up for this? Any recommendations?
Thanks Boe

If nothing specific to your Hawkeye borescope is posted, do a search of "videoscoping", an entire subject field is devoted to the topic of picture/videoing thru stand alone scopes...........universal adapters can be found in many of these references;

http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile/ws/r...e/iq=true/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true

Outside of a barrel maker ever wanting something like this, I just got to wonder who would buy something like this in the first place. Goodness, but think of the machinery you could buy with the money. I like my Hawkeye scope, but I just don't see the money being worth it?

Hey I know that some guys have the money for this kind of stuff, and I say more power to you and go for it if the bucks mean nothing to you.:cool:

I have no doub't that a camera such as what you can buy as an add on
for you computer could be interfaced with a hawkeye, and you can watch
it on your laptop. Put it on a disc, or email it

http://mdsincorporated.com/ind.htm

I bought one of their systems at shot show a few years ago, the cost was about 1/5 of the cost of the hawkeye... not the same quality but good enough for me.

Here's a screen capture I took on my laptop... I could have focused it a little more but I was in a hurry... works pretty well. I have found that the flashlight source is not adequate for a lot of video work. I did upgrade my light source with an ebay source.

Picture5.jpg

Back